Home  >  Admissions  >  Financial Aid  >  Eligibility  


Ability to Benefit (ATB) Regulatory Changes For Federal Aid Eligibility:

  • Effective July 1, 2012 - Student MUST have a high school diploma, GED, or meet the requirements for the completion of Home Schooling to be eligible for Federal Financial Aid.
  • ATB Test TAKEN prior to June 30, 2012, will not be affected by the new regulation.
  • State financial aid - No change. Students without a high school diploma may still receive state funding (contingent on ATB test score).
To be eligible for most kinds of financial aid, students must demonstrate financial need.  Scholarships and some grants may be based on academic merit or documented economic hardship.

1. You must have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate or demonstrate the Ability to Benefit (based on results of the CCM administered test).

Approved Ability-to-Benefit (A.T.B.) Tests minimum scores:

  • Reading Comprehension (55),
  • Sentence Skills (60) and
  • Arithmetic (34)
2. You must be accepted for admission to CCM as a full-time student in a degree seeking or an approved certificate program.  Additionally, student's enrolled for non-credited courses and/or audited course credits, are not eligible to receive financial aid.  Exception - Developmental and ESL course work are eligible to receive financial aid up to 30 non-credit hours only, as prescribed by the College. 
The following are eligible Certificate programs:
  • 5710 - Computer Aided Drafting Technologies,
  • 5134 - Early Childhood Development and


3. Full-time (12 or more crs. per term) and part-time (3-11 crs. per term) enrolled students may receive federal financial aid.  The colleges financial aid eligible terms are: Fall (late-start included), spring and summer.  All State of New Jersey programs require full-time attendance with the exception of the Tuition Aid Grant (TAG) for which half-time (6-11 crs. per term) students may be eligible.

4. You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (resident alien).  International students please refer - here
5. You must be registered with the Selective Service (males only)

6. Must apply using your "legal" name (name on social security card)

7. You must be making satisfactory academic progress as defined by Federal, State and CCM regulations.

8. You must not be in default or owe a refund on a federal grant or educational loan.

Maintaining Eligibility:
Make Satisfactory Academic Progress in the course of study.  A description of satisfactory academic progress, cumulative grade point average requirements and more are available in English and SpanishGet Adobe Reader
Withdrawal Policy for Financial Aid Recipients  Get Adobe Reader

Financial aid recipients are advised to consult with a financial aid counselor to determine the impact (if any) their withdrawal from the college, or reduced number of credits may have, if previously awarded aid (loans included).

Contact Information: