Steps to Apply
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA
). The County College of Morris federal school code is 007106, which should be entered when filing your FAFSA.
- File the FAFSA online: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Request a FSA ID from https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm - allow two weeks for receipt (email address preferred for quicker response). If filing without a FSA ID, when prompted, you and or your parent MUST print, sign and mail the signature page to the federal processing center.
Filing Dates and Deadlines
FAFSA: March 1 is the college’s “preferred" FAFSA filing date or no later than the end of the federal income tax filing period (April), allowing for sufficient processing time. Additionally students may make all necessary corrections online in needed. The Office of Financial Aid estimated processing period toward your receipt of an aid eligibility notice, may take between 2 to 3 weeks.
Examples of FAFSA filing dates for a given enrollment period, during an academic year (Fall, Spring and Summer):
To extend your financial aid into the summer semester an additional Summer Aid Request Form must be completed and returned to our office by March 1st., prior to the start of the summer semester.
What Happens Next - The Financial Aid Process
- About one month after filing, both you and the institutions you list on your FAFSA form will receive the results of your application in the form of a Student Aid Report (SAR) for federal programs, and a Student Eligibility Notice (SEN) for New Jersey Programs. Review the reports for accuracy and follow all instructions on these documents. Verify that County College of Morris is listed on the SAR as an institution that will receive your information. CCM will access this data electronically to prepare your aid package.
- Students selected for the federal or institutional process called "verification", will receive an electronic notification from the County College of Morris of Financial Aid listing materials required to complete the aid determination process. Requested materials may include tax returns, proof of residency, proof of date of birth, citizenship, copy of social security card, selective service registration (males), proof of marital status, etc. Note: Name and CCM student ID must be written clearly on all materials submitted. All requested items must be received before an award determination is made.
- Once the Financial Aid Office receives and reviews the processed FAFSA and completes the financial aid determination process, an electronic award notice will be emailed to the students CCM Studeht email address. This notice will instruct students to logon to WebAdvisor to view or print their awards (under "Financial Aid"). Students may also view additional documents which may be requested in order for the office to complete the aid determination process (under "Communication").
How Aid is Applied to Tuition
All forms of aid (Federal, State, Institutional grants and scholarships) are applied to a student's tuition account immediately after the add-drop period and the verification of attendance. Student's whose aid exceeds their tuition cost will receive a refund check, which is processed by the Colleges' Bursar Office.