Commencement Ceremony - May 26, 2017
are available from the Office of Records & Registration (SCC 220). All students are required to apply and pay a non-refundable graduation fee of $30 regardless of attendance at the ceremony. All students should access Web Advisor
to view their "program evaluation" to verify all graduation requirements are in process.
County College of Morris has three graduations per year: August, January and May. However, only one commencement ceremony is conducted and that is held in May (check the Academic Calendar
for exact May date). Students who graduate in the prior January and August cycles will be invited to participate. Graduation dates for January and August completers are typically in the middle of the month and prior to the next term start date. Check with records and Registration for the exact date.
Graduation DeadlinesStudents must apply to graduate by the posted deadline:
- August graduates - apply by April 1st
- January graduates - apply by July 1st
- May graduates - apply by November 15th
Eligibility for a degree or academic program certificate
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 and complete the general and prescribed curriculum course work for their major.
- Curriculum Checksheet lists all of the courses you are required to complete in order to obtain a degree or a certificate.
- Degree seeking students must complete at least 30 credits at County College of Morris.
- Certificate seeking students must complete at least 15 credits at County College of Morris.
- Complete at least one half of their major at County College of Morris.
Academic Distinction (Honors) at Graduation (based on a cumulative GPA)
- Summa Cum Laude 3.85 - 4.00 GPA
- Magna Cum Laude 3.65 - 3.84 GPA
- Cum Laude 3.45 - 3.64 GPA
- Certificate with Merit 3.45 - 4.00 GPA
To be eligible for academic distinction, a student's academic record may not reflect the following:
- Any repeated courses taken for credit
- No D or F calculations dropped from the students cumulative GPA
- No grades of F
Certificates of Achievement
- Students pursuing a certificate of achievement (less than 30 credits) should not apply for graduation.
- Simply contact the appropriate academic department for information regarding completion of the certificate.