The CTE Faculty Fellows program provides CCM faculty the opportunity to undertake scholarship that explores a question pertaining to teaching and student learning. The proposed scholarly work needs to address the six qualitative standards described in Scholarship Assessed: clear goals, adequate preparation, appropriate method, significant results, effective presentation, and reflective critique. A scholarly investigation on a course(s) that a faculty member teaches is a high priority of the Faculty Fellows program, and proposals that involve two or more faculty in the scholarly investigation are also encouraged. The topic areas of faculty proposals may include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Integrating ethical reasoning and information literacy into general education courses
● Integrating diversity and civic learning into courses
● Student research and internships that are capstone experiences
● Academic research related to CCM curriculum or facilitate new program development
● Interdisciplinary approaches to teaching and learning
● Innovation in improving delivery for student retention and success
The expected outcomes for each Faculty Fellow are a Reflective Critique and sharing of the project process and results of their scholarship with their peers through, but not limited to, course portfolios, conference and/or Professional Days presentations.
Individual or groups of faculty interested in becoming a CTE Faculty Fellow may submit to Dr. Maureen Stivala (email@example.com) an application outlining a scholarly investigation following the six standards mentioned above and address one of the six mentioned topics. The CTE Advisory Committee will review the applications. Faculty whose proposals are approved by the Committee will be appointed as a Faculty Fellow for one academic year. Each faculty fellow will receive one (1) hour overload for each semester of the academic year of his or her appointment. Eligible Participants:
1. Full-Time Faculty Members
2. Adjunct Faculty Members
Application Due Date: February 1st
Application Peer-Review Completed by: May 1st
CTE Faculty Fellows Announcement during May Professional Days.