County College of Morris (CCM) recently presented awards to 30 of its students in recognition of their success and leadership abilities.
The awards were presented at the 44th annual Campus Life Appreciation Dinner Dance held at the Skylands at Randolph on Tuesday, April 30. Since 1969, CCM has recognized its outstanding students who have been involved in clubs, athletic teams, organizations and performing arts productions.
“It is a pleasure to recognize this impressive group of students that helps make CCM such a wonderful place,” said Tom Molski, director of Campus Life. “Their leadership qualities and dedication to the community inside and outside of the college are inspirational to their peers, as well as the faculty and staff.”
Students receiving awards have been involved as student leaders, athletes, performers, production staff, advisors, coaches and directors at CCM. Many students attended the annual awards ceremony along with Dr. Edward Yaw, CCM president, and members of the college’s Board of Trustees.
Awards presented on Tuesday night and the recipients were:
Photo: 2013 Distinguished Student Leaders Award winners at the County College of Morris 44th annual Campus Life Appreciation Dinner Dance at the Skylands at Randolph on Tuesday, April 30. Back row, from left to right: Craig Rothschild, Anhelina Mahdzyar, Jessica Forman, Don Phelps (associate director of Campus Life), Nicholas Cruz, Seth Plotnick, Nicholas Cirillo, Karen Dougherty, Jeremy Forrester and Samantha Rucko. Front row, from left to right, Lina Marin De La Rosa, Lina Marie Alfonso, Marianna Borrero and Khushbu Kapadia. Not pictured is Renata Mauriz.
- Board of Trustees Service Award: Lina Maria Alfonso (Parsippany)
- Dean Patton Student Life Award: Marianna Borrero (Succasunna)
- Outstanding First-Year Student Leader Award: Khushbu Kapadia (Parsippany)
- Dr. Masten Scholar/Leader Award: Lina Marie Alfonso (Parsippany), Anhelina Mahdzyar (Randolph) and Craig Rothschild (Boonton)
- Distinguished Student Leaders Awards: Lina Marie Alfonso (Parsippany), Marianna Borrero (Succasunna), Nicholas Cirillo (Boonton), Nicholas Cruz (Towaco), Karen Dougherty (Rockaway), Jeremy Forrester (Succasunna), Khushbu Kapadia (Parsippany), Anhelina Mahdzyar (Randolph), Lina Marin De La Rosa (Parsippany), Renata Mauriz (Succasunna), Craig Rothschild (Boonton), Samantha Rucko (West Orange), Seth Plotnick (Maplewood) and Jessica Forman (Long Valley)
- Male Athlete of the Year: Elvis Hodzic (Budd Lake)
- Female Athlete of the Year: Elissa Mulcahy (Long Valley)
- Male Academic Achievement Award: Matthew Kral (Randolph)
- Female Academic Achievement Award: Carly Wolff (Glasser)
- Performing Arts Musical Awards: Alissa Gutowski (Andover), Ryan Smith (Flanders), Alice Haefeli (Montclair)
- Performing Arts Technical Awards: Anthony Bevacqua (Denville), Sonja Nelson (Newton), Stephen Price (Chester)
- Dance Outstanding Performance Award: Jennifer Campbell (Pompton Plains)
- Dance Outstanding Choreography and Performance Award: Janelle Longmore (South Orange)
- Dance Outstanding Technical Direction Award: Felicia Cloughley (Dover)
- Drama Awards: April O’Donnell for Academic Achievement in Drama (Succasunna) and Rafael Nadal for Outstanding Performances in The Canterbury Tales and Journey to the West (Pine Brook)
- Dean Judith Raulf Performing Arts Award: Colleen McArdle (Riverdale)
- Donald Yaw Performing Arts Award: Andrew VanVarick (Newton)