Effective Monday, September 5, 2011, New Jersey Transit will institute several Morris County bus routes changes including reinstating direct service to the County College of Morris (CCM) Randolph campus from Morristown. The change means individuals coming from Morristown no longer will have to transfer to another bus to get to the CCM Randolph campus.
The bus that will travel directly to CCM from Morristown will be No. 875, which is the current bus that stops at the main campus. The following changes, however, will be made:
- No. 875 will operate weekdays only with buses departing approximately every 90 minutes.
- The route will be extended from Dover via Victory Gardens, to the Route 10 Corridor, Morris Plains (Tabor Road), to/from Morristown (Headquarters Plaza (HQP) and Morristown Train Station).
- Better timed connections will be offered for select Morris and Essex trains at the Dover Train Station during the morning and early afternoon for travel to/from CCM.
- Better timed connections also will be offered to align with the new CCM class schedule grid with buses arriving approximately 30 minutes before class start times during the morning and early afternoon.
- Direct service will be offered for CCM students and employees traveling between the Randolph campus and Morristown location.
- The route will not terminate at the CCM Randolph campus, as before, but rather will make a stop at the campus. The route will begin at the Morristown Train Station (with a stop at HQP, two blocks from Schuyler Place, the new location for CCM’s Morristown site) and end at the Roxbury/Ledgewood Mall.
To view the new No. 875 bus route schedule, click here