County College of Morris (CCM) recently presented awards to more than 30 of its students in recognition of their success and leadership abilities.
The awards were presented at the 43rd annual Campus Life Appreciation Dinner Dance held at the Skylands at Randolph. Since 1969 , CCM has recognized its outstanding students who have been involved in clubs, athletic teams, organizations and performing arts productions.
“These students have displayed leadership qualities and have contributed their time and efforts to creating a diversified campus life program of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities for the entire student body,” noted Tom Molski, director of Campus Life.
Students receiving awards have been involved as student leaders, athletes, performers, production staff, advisors, coaches and directors at CCM. Many students attended the annual awards ceremony along with Dr. Edward Yaw, CCM president, and members of the college’s Board of Trustees.
Awards presented that night and the recipients were:
- Board of Trustees Service Award: Anthony Scandariato (Randolph)
- Patton Student Life Award: Kaitlyn Davis (Morris Plains)
- Outstanding First Year Student Leader: Anhelina Mahdzyar (Randolph)
- Dr. Masten Scholar/Leader Award: Anhelina Mahdzyar (Randolph), Joseph Pohl (Hillsborough), Anthony Scandariato (Randolph) and Alexander Tschopp (Budd Lake)
- Distinguished Student Leader Awards: Ian Bliss (Morristown), Ariana Byrdin (Madison), Al Blair Combong (Morris Plains), Kaitlyn Davis (Morris Plains), Karen Dougherty (Rockaway), Aleksandra Kawicka (Sparta), Anhelina Mahdzyar (Randolph), Peter Peliotis (Randolph), Nathan Peterson (Mine Hill), Joseph Pohl (Hillsborough), Anthony Scandariato (Randolph), Heather Smith (Ringwood), Kyle Stallings (Parsippany), Alexander Tschopp (Budd Lake) and Ryan Valle (Andover)
- Male Athletes of the Year: Dave McAndrew (Rockaway) and Mark Zavorin (Randolph)
- Woman Athlete of the Year: Megan O’Shea (Morristown)
- Male Academic Achievement Award: Mike Rafanello (Roseland)
- Female Academic Achievement Award: Kristen Brown (Oak Ridge)
- Performing Arts Musical Awards: Kathryn Hannon (Budd Lake), Jackie Briggs (Mine Hill) and Katelyn Fuentes (Rockaway)
- Performing Arts Technical Awards: Melanie Jimenez (Oak Ridge) and Rigel Turdiu (Randolph)
- Dance Outstanding Performance Award: Lottie Elsasser (Hackettstown)
- Dance Outstanding Choreography and Performance Award: Jordin Dudas (Pompton Plains)
- Dance Outstanding Choreography Award: Alexandra DeTrolio (Whippany)
- Drama Awards: Katherine Le Fevre (Dover) - Outstanding performance in 33 VARIATIONS, Christina Fico (Madison) - Outstanding service to CCM SHAKESPEARE AND COMPANY, Arnaldo Ortiz (Parsippany) - Outstanding performance in 33 VARIATIONS, Audrey Gieseman (Mountain Lakes) - Outstanding performance in 33 VARIATIONS, and Anthony Paglia (East Hanover) – Outstanding performance in Arabian Nights
- Dean Judith Raulf Performing Arts Award: Annmarie Lippiello (Mt. Olive)
- Donald Yaw Performing Arts Award: Lea Sevola (Randolph)
(Top row l-r) Don Phelps, associate director of Campus Life, with students Heather Smith of Ringwood, Karen Dougherty of Rockaway, Anhelina Mahdzyar of Randolph, Kaitlyn Davis of Morris Plains, Aleksandra Kawicka of Sparta; (bottom row l –r) Ryan Valle of Andover, Alexander Tschopp of Budd Lake, Anthony Scandariato of Randolph, Al Blair Combong of Morris Plains, Nathan Peterson of Mine Hill, Peter Peliotis of Randolph, and Kyle Stallings of Parsippany.
Photo Credit: Tom Molski, director of Campus Life at CCM