- Excellent site for career-related information, as well as employer search by location and industry.
Find out what CCM's graduates have been doing. Graduates are surveyed one year after graduation for employment and education details. Get your PDF copy here
- career descriptions, real-world career stories, top cities for each job, job industries, city and town information, and more.
- Extensive collection of career profiles, as well as resume and cover letter information, interview advice, and networking tips.
– a network for those in accounting, banking, insurance, mortgage and finance.
- provides detailed insight into 45 of today's most popular career fields, including accounting, engineering, medical assisting, nursing, firefighting, financial advising and teaching.
- find out what New Jersey's employers are saying about jobs and careers growing right here in the Garden State.
- Occupational Information Network online. Research occupations by keyword, skills, growth industry, and more.
Occupational Outlook Handbook
provides detailed information about hundreds of occupations. For each occupation, the Handbook begins with a section that highlights key occupational characteristics and is followed by sections with information about the nature of the work, typical working conditions, requirements for entry and opportunities for advancement, employment of salaried and self-employed workers, earnings, related occupations, and sources of additional information.
- Information on certification tests you may need to pass in order to embark on a new career or keep moving upward in your current one.
– Browse anonymous company reviews and employer ratings.
– employment portal with job search advice and links to job search resources
– an award-winning site that includes the “best of” job site compilations with links, tutorials, and advice for all levels.
Career Guide to Industries
analyzes employment change from an industry perspective. For each industry, the Career Guide describes the nature of the industry, typical working conditions, and key occupations employed in the industry. The Career Guide also discusses industry training practices and worker earnings.
The Riley Guide
- Well-know resource for career and employment information.
America's Career InfoNet (ACINet) - Find occupational requirements, wage and employment trends, state-by-state labor market conditions, thousands of employer contacts nationwide, and the most extensive career resource library online.
JobStar - Career guides and local jobs.
Job Hunt - General career information and job search tools.
CareerPath - Self assessment testing, career guidance resources, professional development resources.
job resource information state by state. Included are links to municipal, city and county government web sites, state leagues and associations, statewide newspapers, etc.
US Bureau of Labor Statistics - The principal Federal agency responsible for measuring labor market activity, working conditions, and price changes in the economy.
CAREERS RESEARCH IN HEALTH CARE
eMedicalAssistants.com - a site for information on medical assisting careers, training programs, certifications and schools.
Campbell Interest and Skill Survey is available to CCM students and alumni through the Office of Counseling Services
. If you are not a CCM student or alumni, see profiler.com below.
– an online self-assessment and interest test free to CCM students and alumni.
– this site uses the Campbell Interest and Skill Survey to help you make career choices. Small fee.
Job Seekers Salary Calculator
- The Salary Calculator program will ask you for information relating to your education, employment history, and other factors, to create the most accurate compensation and employment guidance available.
*Note: for region closest to Morris County, choose Newark area.
- Salary.com is one of the leaders in online compensation information for individuals, business managers and human resource professionals.
- provides real job salary information based on companies, job titles, and locations.
- Providing up to date salary information. National and local data available.
American Electronics Association - AeA is the largest association of high-tech companies in the United States with about 2,500 companies, representing all segments of the industry and 1.8 million employees.
RESUMES - COVER LETTERS
Available, free of charge, are: The Resume
, a guide to resume writing.
Effective Cover Letters
- From CareerInfoNet .
Dress for Success
. A not-for-profit organization helps low-income women make tailored transitions into the workforce. Each woman receives one suit when she has a job interview and a second suit when she gets the job. Locations include New York City, Jersey City and Morris County (Madison).
. A nonprofit organization that fills the gap between job-training programs and employment by providing men with interview clothing, motivation and follow-up support that helps them get and keep jobs. Each man receives one suit when he has an interview and a second suit when he gets a job. Locations include New York City.
offers users a quick and easy resume building experience with fill in forms and templates. A resume tutorial, resume samples, and resume writing tips are included
- specific resume examples written by professional resume writers and career coaches.
SUSTAINABLE (GREEN) CAREERS