A cooperative education work experience in Culinary Arts & Sciences is a required course for Culinary Arts & Science (3425) majors. It carries one to three credits, based on hours worked, which are applied toward your degree.
- Hours necessary to fulfill co-op requirements will be set at the time of placement in or approval of the co-op job.
- Available in Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter.*Note: If you are a Hospitality Management / Restaurant & Culinary Management Option major (3434) please refer to the Hospitality Management Coop page.
- Matriculated in Culinary Arts & Science (3425) at County College of Morris as a full-time or part-time student.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Have finished the majority of your coursework and are nearing completion of your CCM degree.
- If you are unsure of your eligibility (basic guidelines above), visit the Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education, Cohen Hall 203.
- Pick up or print the co-op application.**
- Visit your Co-op Faculty Advisor for his approval signature on the application forms.
- Return signed forms to the Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education.
- Register for co-op/intern credits upon securing a position and approval signatures. The Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education will open a seat for you in the appropriate section(s). Registration prior to securing a job is not available.
If you are currently employed in a position in which a significant number of your duties are related to your academic major, you may be able to use this job for co-op credits. In lieu of a resume, an Additional Duties Form
must be completed to identify your current duties and goals for your co-op semester. This form must be signed by your Co-op Faculty Advisor as well as your employer. The work must take place during the semester you register for the co-op credits.