A cooperative education / internship work experience in Culinary Arts & Sciences is a required course for Culinary Arts & Science (3425) majors. It carries one to three credits, based on hours worked, which are applied toward your degree.
- Hours necessary to fulfill course requirements will be identified at the time of approval of your co-op /internship job by your faculty co-op advisor.
- Available in Summer and Winter. Other semesters may be available under special circumstance.
*Note: If you are a Hospitality Management / Restaurant & Culinary Management Option major (3434) please refer to the Hospitality Management Coop page.
- Matriculated in Culinary Arts & Science (3425) at County College of Morris as a full-time or part-time student.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Have finished the equivalent of at least two full semesters (24 credits).
- If you are unsure of your eligibility (basic guidelines above), visit the Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education, Cohen Hall 203.
- Pick up or print the co-op application
- If you already have a position identified for your co-op, complete either a Position Activities or Additional Duties Form.** (see explanation below)
- Visit your Co-op Faculty Advisor for his approval signature on the application forms.
- Return all signed forms to the Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education.
- The Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education will open a seat in the appropriate section(s) identified by your faculty advisor. (Registration prior to securing a job is not available.)
** If you are currently employed in a position in which a significant number of your duties are related to your academic major, you may be able to use this job for co-op credits. Your job must be approved by your faculty advisor.