A cooperative education work experience is a required course for Early Childhood Development and Early Childhood Education majors. It carries a total of four credits, three for the work experience and one for a related class, toward your degree.
- Matriculated in an Early Childhood major at County College of Morris as a full-time or part-time student.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Have finished the the majority of your course work and prerequisites and are nearing completion of your CCM degree.
If you are unsure of your eligibility (basic guidelines above), see your Faculty Co-op Advisor, Professor Barbara Karpinski, DeMare Hall 323.
- Visit your Co-op Faculty Advisor, Professor Barbara Karpinski, DeMare Hall 323, for her approval signature on the application.
- Return signed application with a resume (assistance with a resume is available) to the Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education for referrals and interviews.*
- Registration for co-op/intern credits upon securing a position. The Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education will open a seat for you in the appropriate sections. Registration prior to securing a job is not available.
If you are currently employed in a position in which a significant number of your duties are related to your academic major, you may be able to use this job for co-op credits. *In lieu of a resume, an Additional Duties Form
must be completed to identify your current duties and goals for your co-op semester. This form must be signed by your Co-op Faculty Advisor as well as your employer. The work must take place during the semester you register for the co-op credits.