CCM Presents Awards to Student Leaders at 46th Annual Campus Life Appreciation Dinner Dance – Posted 5/5/15
Students at County College of Morris (CCM) were recently recognized at the 46th Annual Campus Life Appreciation Dinner Dance for their achievements in the classroom and around campus.
Since 1969, CCM has recognized its outstanding students who have been involved in clubs, organizations and performing arts productions. This year’s recognition dinner dance took place April 28 at the Skylands in Randolph.
“These students have worked hard and contributed significantly to the life of the college,” noted Tom Molski, director of Campus Life. “This is our way of providing them with some well-deserved recognition and thanking them for their efforts.”
Along with the students, Dr. Edward Yaw, CCM president, and members of the college’s Board of Trustees were in attendance.
Awards presented at the event were:
- Board of Trustees Service Award: Angelique Onorati (Mendham)
- Dean Patton Student Life Award: Michelle Laracuente (Budd Lake)
- Outstanding First Year Student Leader Award: Marcelle Caruso (Denville)
- Dr. Masten Scholar/Leader Awards: Paul Caravaglia (Morristown), David Davis (Morris Plains), Michael Masino (East Hanover), Renata Mauriz (Succasunna)
- Distinguished Student Leaders Awards: Kleo Purbollari (Lincoln Park), Angelique Onorati (Mendham), Walter Yurcik (Wharton), Chelsea Cattano (Denville), Paul Caravaglia (Morristown), Joshua Pierce (Teaneck), Tyler Deverman (Blairstown), Melissa Berardesco (Randolph), Renata Mauriz (Succasunna), Michael Masino (East Hanover), Benjamin Muller (Sparta), David Davis (Morris Plains)
- Performing Arts Musical Awards: Michael Rossi (Glenwood), Gabe Weiss (Pine Brook), Jana Byrnes (Hackettstown), Hannah Schroeder (Long Valley), Kayla Quigley (Oak Ridge), Kristina Plate (Sparta)
- Performing Arts Technical Awards: Andrew Ellis (Chester), Stephen Sauerman (Mendham), Michael Mandanici (Denville)
- Dance Outstanding Performance Award: Marisa Malwitz (River Edge)
- Dance Outstanding Choreography Award: Joseph Picciotto (West Orange)
- Dean Judith Raulf Performing Arts Award: Esperanza Proffitt (Hopatcong)
- Donald Yaw Performing Arts Award: Mikayla Templeton (Randolph)
- Drama Awards:
- Academic Awards in Drama: Chelsey Caulfield (Blairstown), Anne Bobis (Lincoln Park)
- Outstanding Performance in “The Taming of the Shrew”: Rafael Nadal (Pine Brook)
- Outstanding Performance in “The Devils”: Jesse Asche (North Caldwell)
- Alumni Awards for Outstanding Performances in “The Devils”: Claire Bochenek (Flanders), Jake Zillioux (Kinnelon), TJ Reissner (Flanders)
Photo: 2015 Distinguished Student Leaders Award winners at the County College of Morris annual Campus Life Appreciation Dinner Dance (front row, l-r) Benjamin Muller, Kleo Purbollari, Walter Yurcik, Joshua Pierce, Melissa Berardesco, (top row, l-r) Chelsea Cattano, Michael Masino, Tyler Deverman, Renata Mauriz, Paul Caravaglia, and Don Phelps, associated director of Campus Life. Not pictured are fellow award winners David Davis and Angelique Onorati.
Photo Credit: Tom Molski