Utilizing Their Skills and Talents to Benefit the Life of the College – Posted 5/17/17
More than 30 students at County College of Morris (CCM) were recently recognized by the college for their academic, leadership and athletic success.
Included among those recognitions were the awards presented to students at the 48th Annual Campus Life Appreciation Dinner Dance. Since 1969, CCMâ€™s Office of Campus Life has recognized outstanding students who have been involved in clubs, organizations and performing arts productions. This yearâ€™s recognition event took place at the Meadow Wood Manor in Randolph.
â€śThese students have worked hard and contributed significantly to the life of the college,â€ť noted Tom Molski, director of Campus Life. â€śThis is our way of providing them with some well-deserved recognition and thanking them for their efforts.â€ť
Awards presented at the event were:
- Board of Trustees Service Award: Michael Gosden (Rockaway)
- Dean Patton Student Life Award: Ranell Bell (Dover)
- Outstanding First Year Student Leader Award: Andrea Alfonso (Parsippany)
- Dr. Masten Scholar/Leader Awards: Spyridoula Fotinis (Succasunna)
- Distinguished Student Leaders Awards: Michael Gosden (Rockaway), Andrea Doucette (Succasunna), Spyridoula Fotinis (Succasunna), Margaret Moutis (Parsippany), Marcelle Owens (Denville),Elizabeth Peter (Califon), Brian Seligson (Parsippany), Shelsey Vazquez (Dover), Holland Von Stamwitz (Morristown)
- Performing Arts Awards: Catherine Hodic (Springfield), Jonathan Reisch (Oakland), Luis Tosado (Randolph), Emily Alworth (Caldwell), Annmarie Ferran (Lincoln Park)
- Performing Arts Technical Awards: Michael Mandanici (Denville), Kelly Kavanaugh (Rockaway), Matthew Frawley(Netcong), Renzo I. Trimanez-Espinosa (Parsippany), Ryan Puttbach (Hopatcong), Julia Craig (Madison)
- Outstanding Contribution to Performing Arts Department Award: Gabriel Weiss (Pine Brook)
- Dance Outstanding Performance Award: Angelica Gonzalez (Dover)
- Dance Outstanding Choreography Award: Marissa Ciancitto (Lafayette)
- Outstanding Performance in Drama Awards: Evan Wovsaniker (Whippany), Liam Young (Hardwick), Kira Gumbinger (West Milford), Chelsey Caulfield (Blairstown)
- Academic Excellence in Drama Award: Liam Young (Hardwick)
- Dean Judith Raulf Performing Arts Awards: Mark Carovale (Wharton), Maryann Hannon (Landing)
- Donald Yaw Performing Arts Award: Rachel Wilson (Randolph), Mykaela Pocquat (Budd Lake)
The Department of Athletics at County College of Morris also recently presented awards to its most successful team members during academic year 2016-17.
Presented with awards were:
- Male Athlete of the Year: Jim Fluke (Netcong), Baseball
- Female Athlete of the Year: Mary Mastriani (Sparta), Softball
- Male Scholar Athlete of the Year: Jonathan Svendsen (Great Meadows), Soccer
- Female Scholar Athlete of the Year: Isabella Paz Baldrich (Budd Lake), Volleyball
- Male Freshman of the Year: Ranell Bell (Dover), Basketball
- Female Freshman of the Year: Carly McDaniel (Lincoln Park), Softball
- Female Student Athlete on The Rise: Ariel Solimando (Succasunna), Basketball
- Male Student/Athlete on the Rise: Oliver Vasquez Castellon (Parsippany), Soccer
- CCM Titan Award: Zabrina Gale (Succasunna), Basketball; Raeanna Cope (Budd Lake), Soccer; Taylor Fehnel (Long Valley), Soccer
- Comeback Player of the Year: Christen Mills (Whippany), Softball
Photo: CCM Distinguished Leader Awards recipients take time for a photo at the Campus Life Appreciation Dinner Dance. Pictured (l-r) are Don Phelps, associate director of Campus Life, Andrea Doucette (Succasunna), Marcelle Owens (Denville), Holland Von Stamwitz (Morristown), Brian Seligson (Parsippany), Spyridoula Fotinis (Succasunna), Margaret Moutis (Parsippany) and Michael Gosden (Rockaway). Not pictured are Elizabeth Peter (Califon) and Shelsey Vazquez (Dover).
Credit: Tom Molski