Fire Science, Associate in Applied Science
This program is for individuals interested in public sector careers such as municipal firefighters, fire inspectors, fire investigators, fire technicians and fire protection engineers. Opportunities in the private sector include industrial firefighters, fire protection specialists, fire protection engineers, fire investigators and loss control consultants. Potential employers for graduates of this program would be governmental agencies, private industry, fire equipment manufacturers and vendors, and the insurance industry.
Graduates are expected to:
- Have a working understanding of the field of Fire Science
- Understand fire safety codes, code enforcement and effective inspection
- Identify fire pattern, cause, origins and arson
- Understand and evaluate the organization and management of fire service systems
- Develop skills in using the most advanced fire science technology
This is a joint offering with Passaic County Community College (PCCC). The technical core of Fire Science courses is offered by PCCC to CCM students as online courses or via the Inter-Active Television (ITV) system. CCM students can choose to travel to PCCC’s state-of-the-art facility in Passaic County Public Safety Academy in Wayne, NJ. The remaining courses are offered through CCM.