Whether you plan to take a single course with us or intend to complete a degree program, your future begins here. Our only goal is to help you achieve your dreams, so contact us today!
Our Associate in Science Programs in Biology and Chemistry can prepare you with specialized tracks:
- Traditional. This is the most general track, designed to prepare you for later specialization.
- Health Related. This track prepares you for entry into healthcare fields and occupations such as nursing, physician assistant, optometry, or podiatry.
- Pre-Professional/Scientific. This is the most demanding track, preparing you to major in many fields of biology or to attend professional schools: medical, dental, veterinary and others.
- Environmental. This track prepares you for various majors in the environmental field. Students may also take field courses in Marine Science since the Department is a member of the Marine Sciences Consortium.
- Education (Visit the Education page). This track prepares you for a for a career in teaching biology.
- Nutrition. This track prepares students for fields such as Registered Dietician (RD) or Dietetic Technicians, Registered (DTR).
- Chemistry. This track prepares you to major in any chemistry or biochemistry field, and also is designed for students preparing for medical, dental or veterinary school, including those with previous degrees.
- Education. This track prepares you for a for a career in teaching chemistry.
Our Associate in Applied Science (AAS) programs
Our AAS Programs are specifically designed to further your career goals by:
- Emphasizing hands-on skills using state-of-the-art equipment and providing a direct entry pathway into the job market at the technician level.
- Providing access to valuable opportunities to work in industry while acquiring college credit.
Our AAS Programs include:
- Biotechnology provides training in molecular genetics, DNA fingerprinting, and the use of the state-of-the-art instrumentation currently used in the biotechnology field. This Program is designed to prepare you for a technician-level position in several industries.
- Chemical Technology allows you to master techniques in analytical chemistry and in high tech instrumentation including GC, HPLC, FTIR and many others that are used in all branches of the chemical industry. This Program is designed to prepare you for a technician-level position in several industries, and is approved by the Program Approval Service of the American Chemical Society. CCM is proud to be one of only ten colleges in the nation to have this certification.
- Environmental Science provides opportunity for field studies and mastering a variety environmental techniques including water quality analysis and high tech instrumentation. This Program prepares you for a variety of occupations as an environmental technician. You may also take field courses in Marine Sciences.