Available Tracks within the Biology Option include the following:
- Traditional (Track 1) – With a general scope, this is designed to satisfy the needs of most students since this Track provides a broad, but flexible, scope suitable to many educational and career paths.
- HeathÂ Related (Track 2) – This is intended for students who are planning to transfer directly to professional schools such as nursing, occupational therapy, and physician assistant. Since course selection within this track is narrower than other tracks, timely consultation with a faculty advisor is critical.
- Preprofessional/Scientific (Track 3) – Designed for those with above average aptitude and skills in science and mathematics, this more demanding track is suitable for students who desire to transfer to competitive baccalaureate programs or professional schools, or medical, veterinary, or dental school. It is essential that students seek advice from academic advisors as soon as possible.
- Environmental (Track 4) – Intended to meet the needs of students interested in a career in the environmental field, this track integrates the biological and physical science and applies the concepts from those fields to the study of the environment and to solving environmental problems. Because this field is multifaceted and complex, it is critical for students to seek advisement as soon as possible.
- Nutrition (Track 5) – The nutritional science field applies concepts from biology, chemistry, and the social sciences toward understanding the role of nutrition in optimal health, and uses that understanding to influence nutritional practices in all segments of the population.
- Biology Education (Track 6) – This track is designed to prepare students for a career teaching Biology. Please refer to theÂ Biology Education page for further information.