Associate in Science Degree
Note: Developmental courses MAT 011, MAT 014, MAT 016, ENG 007, ENG 022, ENG 025 and all ESL classes are prerequisites for core Biology and Chemistry courses. However, selected Science courses may be taken as electives before completing the Developmental courses listed above. Please consult with an Academic Advisor (click here for advisor list) for more information.
THE CHEMISTRY EDUCATION SPECIALIZATION AT CCM:
- is one of the 10 teaching specializations available at CCM
- was created to meet the great demand for science educators in primary, secondary, and special education in grades K-12
- requires completing courses in Chemistry as well as professional education courses. Please refer to the Chemistry Education Specialization Curriculum Checksheet for complete and current information.
- has a rigorous curriculum and specific grade requirements for both graduation (2.00 GPA) and transfer to four-year institutions accepting transfer students (2.75 GPA)
- offers transfer agreements and Guaranteed Admissions Programs with other institutions such as The College of St. Elizabeth. Please refer to the Articulation Agreements page of the CCM Web site for complete and current information.
FACULTY ADVISORS ARE YOUR BEST RESOURCE FOR CHOOSING APPROPRIATE COURSES
- Students in the Chemistry Education Specialization will be advised by both
- The Teacher Education Coordinator
- A faculty advisor from the Biology and Chemistry Department
- For more information on Academic Advisors, please see the “Who is My Academic Advisor” page of the CCM Web site.
SOME USEFUL LINKS TO OBTAIN FURTHER INFORMATION