NOW CLOSED !Â Â
CCM CARES Grant is no longer available – For alternative funding assistance, visit Other Resources.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR CARES FUNDS?
Please fill out the brief Â CARES online application. The application will ask for your name, CCM student ID, a brief description of the expenses you have incurred as a result of campus disruptions or loss/reduction in working hours due to the COVID-19 pandemic.Â Attention: Under CARES III, fafsa and NJ Alternative Financial Aid applicants need not apply, you will be automatically awarded based on the results, demonstrating exceptional need. On awarding, a check will be mailed by way of USPS unless you the student authorizes CCM to apply the grant towards your current CCM outstanding balance.
WHAT IS THE AMOUNT AWARDED THROUGH CARES?
Awards are based on the dollar amount requested and documented proof of hardship. Standard award amounts may range from $150 to $1,500, not exceeding $3,000 annually (under CARES III as determined by the college for equal distribution of funds to all eligible students) to those demonstrating exceptional financial need based on their FAFSA results as the priority group.Â Certain expenses may require additional documentation, which can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the online application.
WHICH EXPENSES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CARES FUNDS?
Eligible expenses include but are not limited to:
- Emergency or temporary housing
- Food and living expenses for students who have exceptional need, who have lost their employment or had their hours of work reduced
- Medical care
- Technology for distance learning, such as computers, software, internet and WiFi
- TuitionÂ – Inability to make payment due to your COVID-19 related hardship (proof required)
- Unanticipated childcare expenses related to distance learning
- Also visit the New Jersey Division of Family Services at childcarenj.gov for other assistance that may be available to you
- Study abroad costs related to cancelled or suspended programs, including unused supplies and Visa/Passport fees
Bills and expenses incurred prior to and not related to the COVID-19 pandemic are excluded.
WHAT PROOF OF HARDSHIPS DOCUMENTS CAN I SUBMIT?
- Copy of employment separation form or Department of Labor benefit or application statement
- Statement from employer and/or pay-stub (month prior to March 2020 and current statement) to determine loss in wages
- Statement from employer regarding reduction in working hours
- If self-employed, submit proof of your business type and two copies of invoices to determine loss in income
- Proof of equipment purchases, such as a computer, laptop and other technology, to participate in online classes
- Proof of educational program cancellation or suspension
- Proof of housing/rent bill/utility
- Proof of medical/dental expenses incurred during the COVID-19 pandemic, due to loss of employment
Supporting documents are essential for determining the maximum award amount you can receive.
WHO CAN I CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS?
Please email email@example.com
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I AM ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE AN AWARD?
Once awarded, a notice will be sent to your CCM student email, informing you that you can view your award on TITANS DIRECT under Financial Aid, â€śMy Awardâ€ť or â€śAward Letter.â€ť
HOW CAN I MAKE SURE I GET MY FUNDS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE?
â€śMake sure CCM has your correct mailing address where we can send your check.Â You can review your address in TITANS DIRECT.Â If you need to make a change, you can do so directly in TITANS DIRECT, complete the Change of Information Form and scan or send a photo to the Office of Records & Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org/.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE REASONS WHY MY APPLICATION MAY BE DENIED OR CANCELLED?
Reasons for denial may include but not limited to:
- Incomplete or invalid proof of hardship.
- Submitted documents not related to COVID-19 pandemic hardship.
- Did not demonstrate high or exceptional need as related to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Requests for tuition payment only NOT related to your inability to pay due to COVID-19 pandemic hardship (File FAFSA or NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application or recommended).
- Personal listing of expenses without supporting proof from billing source (Agency, Facility,etc).
Not a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen**
- Not Registered with Selective Service (males only).
- Withdrawals prior to disbursement of this grant from all term classes will result in cancellation, as you are no longer a currently registered student.
- Registered BUT never attended all term classes.
- Received the maximum amount allowed per student for the academic year.
- Request funding to “Retake A Class” – Not during and or circumstances related to the national emergency.
- Challenger Students (contact your High School).
- Visiting Student (contact your home institution for assistance).
** Revised for CARES III-HEERF III, established by the American Rescue Plan
6 Things Students Need to Know During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Emergency per Federal Student Aid.
Select below –