CCM CARES = Free Money
to Cover a Range of Pandemic-Related Expenses
Applying Is Simple and Easy
Supporting documents either can be scanned or photographed and sent via email to
Are you dreaming of college and a better future but struggling to find ways to pay for a higher education as a result of the pandemic? CCM CARES funds are available to help support those impacted by COVID-19. CARES Act grants, which are free and do not need to be paid back, can be used to assist with a wide range of costs such as rent, utility bills, child care, computers, WiFi and more.Â Â Note: Under CARES III, fafsa and NJ Alternative Financial Aid registered applicants need not apply, they will be automatically awarded based on the results, demonstrating exceptional need. Based on availability of funds, on awarding a check will be mailed by way of USPS unless the student authorizes CCM to apply the grant toward their CCM outstanding balance.
ATTENTION: Students, if you did not file a FAFSA or NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application (NJ Dreamers) for the coming school year or filed in previous years, but were ineligible for grant assistance. We highly recommended that you apply again if you had special circumstances, such as unanticipated loss and or reduction of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.Â Once your processed application is received by us, you may submit supporting documentation i.e. most recently filed and signedÂ IRS Federal income tax return, W2 or most recent pay-stub for review and consideration for financial aid eligibility professional judgement.
Who Is Eligible?
All students who are:
- Currently registered for courses in a degree, non-degree**, non credit, dual enrollment or certificate in a continuing education program
- U.S. citizen, eligible non-citizen or DACA **
- Eligible to receive Federal Title IV or NJ State financial aid, which can be verified by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application (NJ Dreamers)**
- Attention: Federal non FAFSA or NJ State Alternative Application filers must submit proof of U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen or DACA or undocumented** status to the financial aid office.
- An explanation of the basic eligibility criteria for federal student aid also can be found at https://studentaid.gov/understand-aid/eligibility/requirements.
- Impacted financially as a result of the pandemic (documented proof required)
** Revised for CARES III-HEERF III, established by the American Rescue Plan.
CARES Grant Goal
The goal of the CARES Act is to assist students who have been affected by COVID-19 quickly, efficiently and in a caring manner.
Awarding priority is to currently registered students who demonstrate exceptional financial need based on their FAFSA or NJ State Alternative Application results, which may result with a Federal Pell grant eligibility.
Please note, CCM CARES is not an alternative to filing the FAFSA or NJ State Alternative Application to assist with tuition and fees expenses. Therefore, we strongly encourage all students to complete the FAFSA.
Who Can I Contact with Questions?
All questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org