HOW CAN I APPLY FOR CARES FUNDS?
Please fill out the brief Â CARES online application. The application will ask for your name, CCM student ID, a brief description of the expenses you have incurred as a result of campus disruptions or loss/reduction in working hours due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the amount you request to cover those expenses and/or wage reduction.
WHAT IS THE AMOUNT AWARDED THROUGH CARES?
Awards are based on the dollar amount requested and documented proof of hardship. Standard award amounts may range from $150 to $1,500 and up to the federally recommended PELL Grant maximum award of $6,345 to those demonstrating exceptional financial need based on their FAFSA results as the priority group.Â Requests over $1,500 are reviewed and awarded individually based on the total number of applicants and availability of funds. In the event that a student presents exceptional documented financial hardship, the college may exceed the recommended maximum. Certain expenses may require additional documentation, which can be emailed to email@example.com along with the online application.
WHICH EXPENSES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CARES FUNDS?
Eligible expenses include but are not limited to:
- Emergency or temporary housing
- Food and living expenses for students who have exceptional need, who have lost their employment or had their hours of work reduced
- Medical care
- Technology for distance learning, such as computers, software, internet and WiFi
- TuitionÂ – Inability to make payment due to your COVID-19 related hardship (proof required)
- Unanticipated childcare expenses related to distance learning
- Also visit the New Jersey Division of Family Services at childcarenj.gov for other assistance that may be available to you
- Study abroad costs related to cancelled or suspended programs, including unused supplies and Visa/Passport fees
Bills and expenses incurred prior to and not related to the COVID-19 pandemic are excluded.
WHAT PROOF OF HARDSHIPS DOCUMENTS CAN I SUBMIT?
- Copy of employment separation form or Department of Labor benefit or application statement
- Statement from employer and/or pay-stub (month prior to March 2020 and current statement) to determine loss in wages
- Statement from employer regarding reduction in working hours
- If self-employed, submit proof of your business type and two copies of invoices to determine loss in income
- Proof of equipment purchases, such as a computer, laptop and other technology, to participate in online classes
- Proof of educational program cancellation or suspension
- Proof of housing/rent bill/utility
- Proof of medical/dental expenses incurred during the COVID-19 pandemic, due to loss of employment
Supporting documents are essential for determining the maximum award amount you can receive.
WHO CAN I CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I AM ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE AN AWARD?
Once awarded, a notice will be sent to your CCM student email, informing you that you can view your award on TITANS DIRECT under Financial Aid, â€śMy Awardâ€ť or â€śAward Letter.â€ť
HOW CAN I MAKE SURE I GET MY FUNDS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE?
â€śMake sure CCM has your correct mailing address where we can send your check.Â You can review your address in TITANS DIRECT.Â If you need to make a change, you can do so directly in TITANS DIRECT, complete the Change of Information Form and scan or send a photo to the Office of Records & Registration at email@example.com/.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE REASONS WHY MY APPLICATION MAY BE DENIED?
Reasons for denial may include but not limited to:
- Incomplete or invalid proof of hardship
- Submitted documents not related to COVID-19 pandemic hardships
- Requests for tuition payment only NOT related to your inability to pay due to COVID-19 pandemic hardship (File FAFSA or NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application or recommended)
- Personal listing of expenses without supporting proof from billing source (Agency, Facility,etc)
Not a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen**
- Not Registered with Selective Service (males only)
- Received CARES grant multiple times
- Request funding to “Retake A Class” – Not during and or circumstances related to the national emergency
- Challenger Students (contact your High School)
- Visiting Student (contact your home institution for assistance)
** Revised for CARES III-HEERF III, established by the American Rescue Plan
6 Things Students Need to Know During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Emergency per Federal Student Aid.
Select below –