The COVID-19 Task Force met this week to continue its work of updating our Return to Campus Plan for fall 2021. As health conditions continue to improve, CCM is aligning with the most recent local, state and federal guidelines. With a statewide vaccination rate that exceeds 70 percent and a declining number of reported cases, CCM is adjusting its daily protocols.
As of Monday, June 14, 2021:
- Screening stations and the use of the Guardian Rave App will no longer be used.
- All building entrances will be accessible.
- Employees and students are expected to continue wearing their IDs in a visible manner.
- Facilities on campus are open to the public. Visitors must continue to check-in at Public Safety as was the case
- Face coverings are no longer required. Individuals who wish to wear one are encouraged to do so. Face
coverings are available upon request at Public Safety.
- Social distancing is no longer required.
- There is no COVID-related limit on the number of people allowed in campus facilities.
As the masks begin to come off, social distancing returns to pre-pandemic levels, and vaccinations continue to be given, we must be sensitive to our entire college community. CCM feels strongly that individuals who wish to continue wearing a face covering should continue to do so. It is expected that all members of the college community will show their support by refraining from making any comments that are intended to be, or might unintentionally be, received as harmful. Remember, humor is cultural and often personal. What one person regards as being funny can be very hurtful to others. Individuals who choose to continue wearing a face covering who feel they are being harassed should report their concerns immediately to Human Resources.
While the use of face coverings and social distancing are no longer necessary, CCM encourages everyone to receive their vaccination. Please continue to engage in healthy and safe hygiene practices to keep both yourself and those around you healthy and well. The updated Return to Campus plan will be available before the end of June and will be published on the collegeâ€™s website.