- Arrival Time
- Assembly Areas
- Accomodated Seating Reservations
- Potential Honors & Merit Designees
- NJ STARS
- Recognition of Candidates
- Presentation of Individual Graduates
The ceremony begins promptly at 10 a.m. but you must be in Arena Rink #1 (see below) already dressed in your cap and gown no later than 9 a.m. (allow time for traffic) to await instructions from your usher. Please leave valuables at home as there is no place to store them.
Please enter Rink #1 and an usher will assist you to find your staging area assigned by division.
Honor Society stoles (PTK and ABG) were handed out at induction ceremonies. If you did not attend, please contact the Office of Campus Life at 973-328-5225 to pick up your stole. If you have lost yours, contact the Office of Campus Life at 973-328-5225 to purchase another. Potential honors and merit designees for May 2018 will be notified by email at their CCM student email accounts. January 2018 and August 2017 graduates have already been notified.
The regalia (braid) will be distributed on graduation day. The braid is yours to keep.
Honors and merit candidates will be recognized first. President Anthony J. Iacono will be asked to confer the certificates and degrees. Certificate candidates will be recognized second. All candidates, including honor and merit candidates, will stand as a group when called upon. After Dr. Iacono confers the degrees, the group will be seated. Tassels will remain on the right side throughout the ceremony.
Dr. Iacono will ask an usher to escort graduates, one division at a time, to the stairs at the right of the platform. At the bottom of the stairs you will present a card with your name on it (which you willÂ receive at Mennen Arena) to an usher. When your name is read, cross the platform, receive a diploma cover from the president, continue across the platform, down the stairs on the far side, and return to your seat.
- Â A professional photographer will take two photos. The first photo will be of each graduate shaking hands with Dr. Iacono. The second photo will be taken as you exit the platform, holding your diploma. In June, you will receive notification from the photographer and a proof of your photos with an order form. To view your photos online you need to register at www.gradimages.com/register.cfm. Each graduate will be provided with a coupon for a free, complimentary 5×7 photograph of your choice. For further information regarding your online photos call 800-424-3686. Offer expires 60 days following event.
- Please ask your guests and relatives not to approach the platform during the ceremony to take photographs.
Everyone stands at the end of the ceremony. The grand marshal will lead the recessional. Graduates, following ushers, will exit via the center aisle. Please ask your guests to remain in place until graduates have exited the rink and not to block the aisles to take photographs.
Diplomas will be distributed immediately following the ceremony at Mennen Arena. The Office of Alumni Relations will be selling diploma frames at that time as a fundraiser.