Student External Complaint Process

A student may file directly with relevant Accreditation, State, and Federal agencies that investigate discrimination/harassment charges in addition to utilizing this internal procedure.

An external complaint must be filed directly with the agency.

Accreditation Agency:

Middle States Commission on Higher Education
1007 North Orange Street
4th Floor, MB #166
Wilmington, DE 19801


State Agency:

Office for Civil Rights (OCR) – Enforcement Office
U.S. Department of Education
32 Old Slip, 26th floor
New York, NY 10005 – 2500
Telephone: 646-428-3900
FAX: 646-428-3843
TDD: 877-521-2172
Email –

Consumer fraud on the part of a NJ institution should be filed with:


NJ Office of the Secretary of Higher EducationOSHE Complaint Form (.pdf)

Federal Agency:

Office of the Ombudsman – Federal Student Aid (FSA)
U. S. Department of Education
FSA Ombudsman Group
830 First Street, N. E., Mail Stop 5144
Washington, D.C. 20202-5144
Phone Toll Free: 1-877-557-2575 (Best used to initiate a Case)
TDD: 202-377-3800