FALL 2018 ORIENTATION INFORMATION:
Dear New CCM Student:
Congratulations on your decision to attend the County College of Morris. As a new CCM student, you are expected to attend “FYI: First Year Information,” a special orientation program for our new CCM students.
This program is held¬†during select¬†Tuesdays and Thursdays in August.¬† Tuesday mornings, beginning at 9:30 a.m. and Thursday afternoons beginning at 12:30 p.m. in the Student Community Center, with check-in taking place outside the Davidson Rooms. There¬†are¬†seven FYI 2018 program dates from which to choose: August 7, 9, 14, 16 & 21 are interactive programs designed for students that are new to college.¬† August 23 and September 5 are general sessions designed for part-time students, transfers and those students registering for classes in late August.¬† Fall 2018 semester classes start Friday, August 31.
The FYI Program focuses on, among other things, helping you find your way around our campus, locating where your classes will be held, and acquainting you with different CCM departments that will be especially helpful to you during your first few weeks as a¬†new student.
You will have the chance to hear CCM faculty, returning and former students give their insights about being a County College of Morris student. Included will be a walking tour around our beautiful campus, rain or shine.
Also, you will be able to get your photo student identification card and register to get your CCM parking decal, if you have not already received them. The entire program will last approximately¬†three hours¬†and will¬†conclude with¬†a reception.
We look forward to meeting you and helping you get your CCM college career off to a great start.
The CCM New Student Orientation Staff
- If you have received your FYI New Student Orientation invitation letter (and the instructions on how to register for a specific session) in the mail . . .
*** PLEASE¬†NOTE: ¬†You MUST print out a copy of your¬†fall 2018 semester class schedule and BRING it with you to your scheduled FYI Orientation session, along with some form of official photo identification (e.g. driver’s license, passport). This will allow you to check-in on your scheduled orientation date.
Get the latest updates –¬†¬†link to our¬†FYI New Student Orientation¬†Facebook page HERE.
Orientation Dates for Fall Semester
- Tuesday, August 7, 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, August 9, 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 14, 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, August 16, 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 21, 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, August 23, 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 5, 12:30 p.m.
August Session (7, 9, 14, 16 & 23)
- Welcome from Dr. Iacono, CCM‚Äôs President, and Vice President, Dr. Simmons
- Q&A with Orientation Leaders
- Learning Support
- Student Support Services
- Engagement / Involvement
- Get Connected
- Classroom Readiness
- Regulations/Safety Issues
- Includes: Tour of Campus, help in finding classrooms, meeting new students, reception, basically everything you need to know to start your college career.
Late August & September Session (August 23 & September 5)
- Welcome to CCM, Q&A with Orientation Leaders and information on getting started at CCM.¬† Optional tour of campus, help in finding classrooms and reception.
¬†¬†¬†¬† Spring Semester 2019: To Be Announced