FALL 2019 ORIENTATION INFORMATION:
Dear New CCM Student:
Congratulations on your decision to attend the County College of Morris. As a new CCM student, you are expected to attend “FYI: First Year Information,” a special orientation program for our new CCM students.
This program is held during select Tuesdays and Thursdays in August. Tuesday mornings, beginning at 9:30 a.m. and Thursday afternoons beginning at 12:30 p.m. in the Learning Resource Center, with check-in taking place outside the LRC 121. There are six FYI 2019 program dates from which to choose: August 8, 13, 15, 20 & 22 are interactive programs designed for students that are new to college. August 27 is a general sessions designed for part-time students, transfers and those students registering for classes in late August. Fall 2019 semester classes start on Wednesday, September 4.
The FYI Program focuses on, among other things, helping you find your way around our campus, locating where your classes will be held, and acquainting you with different CCM departments that will be especially helpful to you during your first few weeks as a new student.
You will have the chance to hear CCM faculty, returning and former students give their insights about being a County College of Morris student. Included will be a walking tour around our beautiful campus, rain or shine.
Also, you will be able to get your photo student identification card and register to get your CCM parking decal, if you have not already received them. The entire program will last approximately three hours and will conclude with a reception.
We look forward to meeting you and helping you get your CCM college career off to a great start.
The CCM New Student Orientation Staff
- If you have received your FYI New Student Orientation invitation letter (and the instructions on how to register for a specific session) in the mail . . .
*** PLEASE NOTE: You MUST print out a copy of your fall 2019 semester class schedule and BRING it with you to your scheduled FYI Orientation session, along with some form of official photo identification (e.g. driver’s license, passport). This will allow you to check-in on your scheduled orientation date and to get your CCM student photo identification card and your vehicle parking decal.
Get the latest FYI updates – link to our FYI New Student Orientation Facebook page.
FYI Program Schedule
Orientation Dates for Fall Semester
- Thursday, August 8, 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 13, 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, August 15, 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 20, 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, August 22, 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 27, 9:30 a.m.
August Session (8, 13, 15, 20 & 22)
- Welcome from Dr. Iacono, CCM’s President, and Vice President, Dr. Simmons
- Q&A with Orientation Leaders
- Learning Support
- Student Support Services
- Engagement / Involvement
- Get Connected
- Classroom Readiness
- Regulations/Safety Issues
- Includes: Tour of Campus, help in finding classrooms, meeting new students, reception, basically everything you need to know to start your college career.
Late August Session (August 27)
- Welcome to CCM, Q&A with Orientation Leaders and information on getting started at CCM. Optional tour of campus, help in finding classrooms and reception.
Why Should I Attend?
- Student Club Listing
- CCM Student Handbook
- Academic Calendar
- Orientation Leader Application – Deadline Extended to July 12
- CLU: Campus Life Update – Orientation 2019 Issue (Available in August)
- January FYI Program Schedule – Spring Semester 2020: To Be Announced