“Why Should I Attend Orientation?”
On behalf of the New Student Orientation staff and the staff of the Office of Campus Life, I welcome you to the County College of Morris community. CCM is truly an exciting place. There are many opportunities available; all you have to do is take advantage of them as they come your way.
If you accept this challenge, yourÂ time at CCM will be like no other in your life.Â Your time at CCMÂ will be filled with challenge, change excitement and growth. Your first step as a new CCM studentÂ is to attend our FYI: First Year Information New Student OrientationÂ Program.
But perhaps you are asking yourself “Why shouldÂ I attend?” Well . . .
You are expected to attend – it is one of your first responsibilities as a new CCM student
You will meet other students in your class
- You will gain valuableÂ information on how to be successful at CCM
- You will have an opportunity to ask our student leaders questions about what it is to be a CCM student
- YouÂ will learn about the wide variety ofÂ activities, programsÂ and events on campus
- You can â€śtake care of businessâ€ť â€“ get your CCM photo student identification card andÂ parking decal (if you have registered for classesÂ and paid your fall semester’s bill) and visit the College Bookstore
- You will get information on how to get involved in CCM’s many student clubs and organizations
- You will get a “head start” on knowing your way around our campus, locating where your classes will be held (the Academic Complex can be somewhat confusing: we will help you learn the best way to get from ‘here’ to ‘there’)
- And, of course, lotsÂ more . . .
This program is coordinated by the CCM Office of Campus Life. If you have any questions at all, feel free to call us at 973-328-5225 between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Students with accessibility questions or with special needs should contact the Office of Campus Life at 973-328-5225.
Once again, welcome to CCM! IfÂ our FYI New Student Orientation staff can be of help, please do not hesitate to call on us. We look forward to meeting you and in helping you get your college career off to a great start.
Best Wishes and Good Luck,
Don Phelps, Director of Campus Life