Counseling & Student Success strives to maximize student’s individual growth and development through counseling and other support services.
If you have a general question you would like answered, you may click on Ask a CounselorÂ to e-mail your question to a counselor.Â You will receive a response within 24-48 hours.Â Please include your name, student ID number, and telephone number, as some responses may require a telephone call.
Student Community Center, room 118
*Crisis and Life Threatening Situations:Â This email is only monitored during regular business hours and is NOT intended for the use of crisis counseling.Â IfÂ you or someone you know areÂ in crisis and/or having thoughts of suicide and need immediate help, please call 911 or Public Safety if you are on campus (973)-328-5550.
- St. Clare’s Hospital – Psychiatric Emergency Service – (973) 625-0280
- Morristown Memorial Hospital Psychiatric Emergency Service – (973) 540-0100
- Newton Medical Center – (973) 383-0100
- Psychiatric Emergency & Screening Services for each County in New Jersey
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-TALK(8255)
Students are assisted with personal issues through individual counseling, group workshops, online information, and referrals to off-campus resources.
- Community and Mental Health Resources
- Individual Personal Counseling
- Workshop Schedule
- Crisis Information
- Sexual Assault
- Substance Abuse
Students seeking academic support and success will find enrichment through programs and services to meet their needs.
- Educational Planning
- Support for Probation and Return from Dismissal Students
- Study Skills
- Time Management
- Test Anxiety
MAJOR and CAREER
Develop a career plan and select the appropriate major to achieve your goal.