In the event of a psychiatric emergency, the following crisis hotlines have trained personnel available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week:
- Crisis/Psychiatric screening centers for all counties in New Jersey
Assists people who need immediate psychiatric care.
- Saint Clare’s Health – Psychiatric Emergency Service
Assessment, crisis intervention, and referrals for people in crisis, available 24 hours a day.
- Morristown Medical Center Psychiatric Emergency Service
- Newton Medical Center
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1 (800) 273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
1 (800) 799-7233
- National Sexual Assault Hotline
1 (800) 656-4673 (HOPE)
If you feel that you or someone you know is in imminent danger of harming self or others, call 911 immediately.