1. Get Started
Select a major.
Make sure your CCM major matches up with what you plan to pursue at the 4-year college or university. If you are still exploring your options use the services in Counseling and Student Success; and to better understand how majors relate to careers use the resource: What Can I Do With This Major sponsored by the Office of Career Services.
Your grades are so important, so work hard and earn good grades. Be proud of your GPA, it matters.
Advisement, registration, & transfer go hand-in-hand.
Keep â€śtransferâ€ť on your mind when you meet with your academic advisor and choose your courses. Planning ahead will allow you to meet degree requirements at CCM and the four-year program. Use NJ Transfer to check course equivalencies from CCM to all New Jersey schools. Make sure your credits will transfer into the institution, as well as the degree program.
Starting the college search.
Searching for the right college can be overwhelming, but there are great resources available to help you get started. Use the following search tools to help you establish a list of colleges and universities that are a good fit for you:
Another way to explore your options is to attend to the Transfer College Fairs which take place in October and March every year. Schools that attend this event love CCM students and visit our campus to recruit you!
Learn more about your top choices.
When deciding which college is the best fit for you â€“ visit the campus; take a tour, attend an Open House and/or sign-up for a Transfer Information Session. There is also a ton of information available on the collegeâ€™s website. Search admission requirements for prospective transfer students as well as information specific to your major.
Stay on path!
Meet with your academic advisor for guidance regularly and share your transfer plans. Schedule an appointment with Transfer Services to review your options.
3. Take Action
Apply for graduation.
Students must apply to graduate by the posted deadline: August graduates – apply by April 1st, January graduates – apply by July 1st, May graduates – apply by November 1st.
Deadlines vary â€“ know the fall and spring application deadlines for each school on your list, but donâ€™t wait for the deadline to submit your application. The early bird gets theâ€¦.worm, right?Â Â New Jersey College and University Facts
- Application requirements vary by institution, so check and then double check to make sure you submit the right documentation for each college.
- Sign-up for instant decision days; 12 of our partner schools host IDDâ€™s right here at CCM. This program really simplifies the application process. Plus they waive the essay and application fee!
- Complete the application. Colleges have an online application and/or use the Common Application. Go ahead and create an account to get started.
- Send official transcripts from all colleges attended to each collegeâ€™s Office of Admissions. CCM transcript request can be processed through Records and Registration.
- Send a high school transcript directly from your high school guidance office.
- Pay the application fee. If you visit the campus â€“ the fee may be waived!
- Write your essay(s) or personal Statement. Topics vary, check the application. Remember to PROOFREAD! Use the CCM Writing Center to review your essay before you submit it.
- Request letters of recommendation from faculty that you know and know you! Ask in person and provide each professor with a copy of your resume.
Apply for financial aid.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid online. Apply early to maximize your award. Make note of the deadlines for fall/spring and spring. Include colleges that you plan to attend on your application.
4. Finalize Your Plans
Make a final decision. If you are choosing between a few colleges â€“ consider the facts: cost of tuition, credit transfer, scholarship information, program reputation, etcâ€¦Trust your instincts, youâ€™ve got this!
Review your credit evaluation.
Donâ€™t just focus on the number of transferable credits, this can be misleading. Review how your CCM credits will work towards the Bachelorâ€™s degree. And, know which courses are required to meet the degree and graduation requirements.
Send final transcript.
Request a final official transcript to be sent to your transfer school. Make sure this includes your final semester grades and degree posting.
Submit your deposit.
There is a deadline to accept the admissions offer. The deposit will secure your spot and housing (if you plan to live on campus). Do this as soon as you make your final decision.
Now youâ€™re a transfer!
Congratulations! Now attend a transfer student orientation, meet with your advisor and schedule your courses!