Federal Work Study Community Service Program
The Federal Work Study Community Service Program is a federally-funded program through which college students perform community service with a non-profit agency.
The County College of Morris reimburses a participating community service agency for 75% of the student’s gross wages.
Program Eligibility Criteria
- Eligible employers include nonprofits and public agencies.
- Student must be paid a competitive wage.
- The agency will be asked to guarantee a minimum of ten (10) hours per week with a maximum of nineteen and one-half (19.5) hours per week, while class is in session, for each job/position.
How to Get Started
- Contact our Program Coordinator, Rosemary Grant, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a basic job description.OR
- Submit a job description through our online portal: https://www.ccm.edu/student-life/career-services/employers/post-a-job-opportunity/. In the Employer Profile section, choose ‘Yes’ in the Non-Profit field.
The Next Steps
Each agency’s request is reviewed and, if the agency meets eligibility criteria, qualified Federal Work Study applicants will be referred for interviews (CCM cannot guarantee applicants for all posted vacancies). A Federal Work Study/Community Service Program Agreement (see sample) is then forwarded for signature.