Do your research!
CAREER EXPLORATION:Â If you are still deciding on a career path
- Career counselors in the Office of Counseling Services and Student Success are available by appointment to assist students identify career choices based on interests, skills, values and personality.
- CCM students and alumni may utilize free career assessments through the Office of Counseling Services and Student Success, such as the Strong Interest Inventory and Focus 2, designed to help identify interests, skills, values and personality type and the best options for college majors and careers.
- For those unaffiliated with CCM, Pearson Education, Inc. uses the Campbell Interest and Skill Inventory to help you make career choices for a small fee.
Review What Can I Do With My Major?Â Connect majors to careers, and learn about the types of employers that hire people with each major.
Utilize online resources to research career descriptions, work environments, salaries, etc.
- NJNextStop.org – find out what New Jersey’s employers are saying about jobs and careers growing right here in the Garden State.
- O-net – Occupational Information Network online.Â Research occupations by keyword, skills, growth industry, and more.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – provides detailed information about hundreds of occupations. such as information about the nature of the work, typical working conditions, requirements for entry and opportunities for advancement, employment of salaried and self-employed workers, earnings, related occupations, and sources of additional information.
- Job Seekers Salary CalculatorÂ â€“ by state, region, education, experience, and more. Offered by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
Learn about the employment outlook and earning potential for different fields and locations through labor market data.
Review job boards such as www.indeed.com for current job listings in your field of interest.Â Learn what skills employers are looking for in candidates.
Test-drive your career and build a resume with a part-time job, internship, or volunteer work in your field.