The Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education offers a variety of services to support students in the job search:
A Job Development Specialist is available Monday through Thursday 9:00 am to 2:00 pm to assist students in locating jobs. Stop into Career Services, Student Community Center, room 125, or e-mail . If you have a resume, or need help with your resume, you may attach that to your email as well.
If you have a resume and/or cover letter you would like reviewed by an office professional, drop it off or send it by email. To get your resume started, try:
- A college-sponsored web-based system, Optimal Resume, which provides prompts and suggestions while you create your resume. Access code for students: earth
- Print publications: How to Write a Great Resume and How to Write a Better Cover Letter, Dahlstrom publications, and The Resume, a CCM publication, are available in the Office of Career Services, Student Community Center, room 125.
If you have an upcoming interview and feel less than confident, let us help.
- Print publications: Questions to Expect During a Job Interview, a Dahlstrom publication, and The Interview, a CCM publication, are available in the Office of Career Services, Student Community Center, room 125.
- Optimal Interview, an interactive online system to practice your interviewing skills, is available to CCM students and alumni. You can record and save practice interviews, as well as get tips on how to answer interview questions. Access code for students: earth
- A face-to-face practice interview is also available by appointment.
Job Hunting Handbook, Now Hiring Apply Yourself, and Turn a Job Fair into a Job Offer, Dahlstrom publications, are available in the Office of Career Services, Student Community Center, room 125.
Individual counseling is available, by appointment, to assist current students and graduates as they address individual employment issues such as job search skills and interviewing techniques. Please call 973-328-5245 or stop in to make an appointment.