JOB SEARCH ASSISTANCE FOR STUDENTS
Office professionals are available to offer individual support to students in their job search.Â Feel free to e-mail your employment/job search questions or to make an appointment for a virtual or in-person visit.Â Some of the topics we can cover:
If you have a resume and/or cover letter you would like reviewed, drop it off in Career Services, SCC 118, or send it by email.Â To get your resume started, try:
- our college-sponsored online system, Optimal Resume, which provides prompts and suggestions while you create your resume.Â Access code for students: earth
- our print publications:Â How to Write a Great Resume and How to Write a Better Cover Letter, Dahlstrom publications, and The Resume, a CCM publication, are available in the Office of Career Services, Student Community Center, room 118.
If you have an upcoming interview and feel less than confident, let us help.
- Try Skills First, an interactive online system to practice your interviewing skills.Â You can record and save practice interviews, as well as get tips on how to answer interview questions.Â Access code for students: earth
- A face-to-face practice interview is also available.Â Email or call 973-328-5245 for an appointment.
- Print publications:Â Questions to Expect During a Job Interview, a Dahlstrom publication, and The Interview, a CCM publication, are available in the Office of Career Services, Student Community Center, room 118.
Job Hunting Handbook, Now Hiring, Apply Yourself, and Turn a Job Fair into a Job Offer, Dahlstrom publications, are available in the Office of Career Services, Student Community Center, room 118.