Your Resume and Profile
Whether you are entering the job market for the first time, or are a seasoned worker looking for a change, Career Services can help you present your best image, both in print and online.Â Learn how to identify and communicate your skills and experience, what to include and what to leave out, and how to optimize readability.Â Take a look at the following resources, or send us a copy of your draft.Â We will be happy to review it with you.
- CCM SPONSORED: OptimalResume is an interactive online system which provides prompts and suggestions while you create your resume.Â It also provides a weblink option for your resume.Â Access code for students: earth; Access code for graduates: world. Â Watch the OptimalResume instructional video.
- CCM SPONSORED: Candid Career. Watch resume tips videos through Candid Career under “Get Hired.”
- The Resume, a CCM publication, is available online and in print in Career Services. Also available in print are How to Write a Great Resume, a Dahlstrom publication, free of charge to CCM students and graduates.
- Profile of a Resume Screener
Letters and Communications
- CCM SPONSORED: Â Optimal Resume is an interactive online system which also provides samples and suggestions for a variety of employment-related letters such as a resume cover letter, an interview follow up, a request for a reference, and more.Â Â Access code for students: earth
- The Cover Letter, excerpt from The Resume, a CCM publication.
- How to Write a Better Cover Letter, a Dahlstrom publication, is available in print.
- Thank-you notes – a quick reference and letter sample to follow up after a visit to a job fair.
Office Hours and Location
Student Community Center, SCC 118
|Monday:||8:30 AM – 6:30 PM|
|Tuesday:||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday:||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Thursday:||8:30 AM – 6:30 PM|
|Friday:||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|