Credit-bearing Cooperative Education / Internship academic courses combine your academic studies with a work experience related to your major.Â In this semester-long course, you will work with your faculty co-op/intern advisor and your employer to establish learning objectives to be achieved throughout the semester.Â The credits earned will be reflected on your transcript and the related work experience will make you more attractive to employers after graduation.Â Check with your academic advisor or with the Office of Career Services to learn how the co-op/intern program can work for you.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- Be a full-time or part-time student at County College of Morris matriculated in a major offering co-op or internship credit (see below).
- Have a minimum 2.0 GPA (higher GPA requirement may be set by academic department).
- Have finished the majority of the coursework in your major and be nearing completion of your CCM degree.
- Your work experience must be concurrent with the semester in which you are registered for the co-op or internship credit courses.
1. Application Form: Download the forms based on your major below (or stop by Career Services, SCC 118, to pick up the forms).
2. Job Description form (choose one):
-Choose the Position Activities form along with the application if you do not yet have a job or if you have just secured a new job.
-Choose the Additional Duties form if you want to use a job you currently hold. If an Additional Duties form is not available for your major, use the Position Activities form.
3. Secure your Faculty Co-op/Intern Advisor approval signature on the application. If you have a job you plan to use for your co-op/internship, you can also secure faculty approval of the job on one of the Job Description forms at this time.
4. Return your completed and signed forms to the Office of Career Services, Student Community Center, room 118.Â You will register for your co-op/intern section(s) once you have secured placement and all application paperwork is complete.
Majors offering credit for Cooperative Education and/or Internships and application forms:
- Biotechnology / Biology
- Broadcasting, Media Studies
- Chemical Technology / Chemistry
- Computer Information Systems
- Criminal Justice (Public Safety)
- Culinary Arts & Sciences
Culinary Arts & Sciences Application | Position Activities/SmartGoals form or Additional Duties/SmartGoals form
Please visit the Dance Department for more information.
- Digital Media Technology
- Early Childhood Development/Education
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Graphic Design
- Hospitality Management
Hospitality Management Application | Position Activities/SmartGoals form or Additional Duties/SmartGoals form
- Journalism, Media Studies
- Landscape and Horticultural Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
Please visit the Music Department for more information.
- Photography Technology