Note:Â Still deciding on a major/career?Â Consider making an appointment with a Career Counselor in the Office of Counseling and Student Success.Â They offer in-depth interest testing and one-on-one assistance while you are deciding on a career path.
Make Good Career Decisions
Do you know what skills are in demand in your field of interest?Â How is the employment outlook where you live?Â What education level is required for my career choice?
- CCM SPONSORED:Â What Can I Do With This Major?â€“ An online resource that connects majors to careers, describes the types of employers and industries that hire people with each major and what you need to be a more marketable candidate.
- CCM SPONSORED: Candid Career provides honest career information and career planning help through video. These video interviews are filmed without narration or actors â€“ just real people speaking from the heart about their career experiences.
- NJ Career Assistance Navigator â€“ An interactive system to help you learn more about yourself, plan your education, and decide how to achieve your goals.
- MyNextMove.org â€“ can help you find out what your interests are, how they relate to the world of work, and what kinds of careers you might want to explore.
- O-net â€“ Occupational Information Network online.Â Research occupations by keyword, skills, growth industry, and more.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook â€“ provides detailed information about hundreds of occupations. such as information about the nature of the work, typical working conditions, requirements for entry and opportunities for advancement, employment of salaried and self-employed workers, earnings, related occupations, and sources of additional information.
- Career One-Stop Library of Career Videos
- Visit real-time job boards to see what current knowledge is in demand for your field.
- Employment resources for targeted audiences â€“ For veterans & transitioning military, disabled workers, older workers, laid off, or ex-offenders.
New Jersey Specific:
- CCM SPONSORED:Â Career Concourse â€“ Interest/Values assessment tool.Â Research careers.Â Explore job requirements,Â local earnings and employment opportunities.Â Translate military experience into civilian careers.Â Learn which CCM major(s) will help you achieve your goals.
- NJ Labor Market Data â€“ salaries, employment outlook/projections, growth occupations.
- New Jersey Career Connections â€“ from local One-Stop Career Centers providing personalized resources and support. Includes Vocational Rehabilitationâ€“ for Jobseekers with Disabilities, Veteransâ€™ Services, Training and education opportunities, and much more.