Hiring Student Employees on Campus
If you would like to employ students within your department, please:
1. Submit a Student Aide Request.
2. Submit a Virtual Job Description and/or an In-Person Job Description for each student position in your area.
3. Review the employment period for the semester.
Career Services will confirm that students requested have registered and are eligible for work-study or will be paid by your department or a grant account.
Once a student is approved for rehire, Career Services will email the studentâ€™s Work Assignment Form to you. Upon receipt of the Work Assignment form, please contact your student with a start date.
These students will need to complete the Collegeâ€™s virtual onboarding process. Please keep in mind that this process may take a few days to complete.
If/when you identify an interested student, please provide us with the studentâ€™s name and ID so that we can confirm eligibility and email them onboarding instructions and an initial application.
When the student has completed the hiring process, you will receive a Work Assignment Form from Human Resources. Upon receipt of the Work Assignment form, please contact your student with a start date.
Upon receipt of your departmentâ€™s request form, Career Services willâ€¦
- Confirm eligibility for students you have identified to rehire.
- Confirm eligibility for new hires your department has identified and initiate the hiring process.
- Refer eligible students to you for interviews.
Note: All student aides must be assigned a primary and a secondary supervisor. If there have been any staffing changes within your department that might affect this, please let us know and we will inform HR.