IMPORTANT INFORMATION (as of 2/9/21)
Summer Registration is Open!
As you and your families make difficult decisions regarding the upcomingÂ Summer semester, we are excited to tell you about options that will provide you with flexibility while adhering to CDC guidelines to ensure your health. All courses for theÂ Summer 2021 semesters will be offered in one of the followingÂ formats:
Remote Instruction (REMO)â€“ Remote courses were designed to be taught in a classroom but are being offered as a form of distance education due to the emergency conditions.Â Remote classes are completely online but include scheduled virtual meeting times to occur when the class is listed to meet.
Online InstructionÂ (ONL) – Online courses were designed to be taught in an online setting.Â Unless otherwise noted, online courses were developed to be taught without specific meeting times or on campus requirements.
Hybrid Instruction (HYBR) â€“ Hybrid courses are a combination of the traditional face-to-face instruction and remote/online sessions (in any combination).Â This may include some on-campus labs with remote lecture, reduced in-classroom time, or other instructional designs that meet the needs of the course materials.Â Students in Hybrid courses should log in on the first day of the term.
Virtual Campus (VIR) –Â Fully online courses, certificates, or programs designed to provide students quality distance education consistent with the Virtual Campusâ€™ mission statement.Â There is no on campus requirement.
The college will note all courses with one of the options above.Â Regardless of your chosen option, you will need access to a computer and a steady internet connection.Â
Please note any required virtual meetings, in addition to any required lab kits or specific course needs.
Registration for summer sessions began on February 8 2021.Â Â Â The full listing of available courses for Summer 2021 can be found in Titans Direct.Â Please note comments.Â This includes seat availability, course descriptions, required virtual meeting requirements, lab kit needs or other course specific needs.Â Â In order to register, all students must complete an application for admission.Â See the admissions web link for further information.
REMEMBER, you cannot access your Distance Education class until after 8am on the the first day of your term.Â
- Distance Education Tips & TricksÂ (3 minute video)
- The 411 â€“ Learning at CCMÂ (orientation)
- Student Guide to Distance EducationÂ getting started information and frequently asked questions in text format.
- Be sure toÂ check Titans Direct for additional course specific information.Â Â Specifically check comments forÂ any additional important course/section specific information.
- Distance Education home pageÂ has additional resources, technical requirements, learning tutorials,Â Blackboard help, etc.
- Â Browser CheckÂ to determine your computers compatibility with Blackboard.
- CCM Student Email â€“Â Â (firstname.lastname@example.org)Â for log in and getting started information.Â All registered students have CCM email.Â A sample of the general information letter emailed to all registered students can be foundÂ here.
- TEST OF ONLINE LEARNING SUCCESS TOOLS (ToOLS)Â to get a good idea of your â€śchances for successâ€ť as an online student.