IMPORTANT INFORMATION (as of 2/9/21)
Summer Registration is Open!
As you and your families make difficult decisions regarding the upcoming¬† Summer semester, we are excited to tell you about options that will provide you with flexibility while adhering to CDC guidelines to ensure your health. All courses for the¬† Summer 2021 semesters will be offered in one of the following¬† formats:
Remote Instruction (REMO)‚Äď Remote courses were designed to be taught in a classroom but are being offered as a form of distance education due to the emergency conditions.¬† Remote classes are completely online but include scheduled virtual meeting times to occur when the class is listed to meet.
Online Instruction¬† (ONL) – Online courses were designed to be taught in an online setting.¬† Unless otherwise noted, online courses were developed to be taught without specific meeting times or on campus requirements.
Hybrid Instruction (HYBR) ‚Äď Hybrid courses are a combination of the traditional face-to-face instruction and remote/online sessions (in any combination).¬† This may include some on-campus labs with remote lecture, reduced in-classroom time, or other instructional designs that meet the needs of the course materials.¬† Students in Hybrid courses should log in on the first day of the term.
Virtual Campus (VIR) –¬†Fully online courses, certificates, or programs designed to provide students quality distance education consistent with the Virtual Campus‚Äô mission statement.¬† There is no on campus requirement.
The college will note all courses with one of the options above.¬† Regardless of your chosen option, you will need access to a computer and a steady internet connection.¬†
Please note any required virtual meetings, in addition to any required lab kits or specific course needs.
Registration for summer sessions began on February 8 2021.¬† ¬† ¬† The full listing of available courses for Summer 2021 can be found in Titans Direct.¬† Please note comments.¬† This includes seat availability, course descriptions, required virtual meeting requirements, lab kit needs or other course specific needs.¬†¬† In order to register, all students must complete an application for admission.¬† See the admissions web link for further information.
REMEMBER, you cannot access your Distance Education class until after 8am on the the first day of your term.¬†
- Distance Education Tips & Tricks¬†(3 minute video)
- The 411 ‚Äď Learning at CCM¬†(orientation)
- Student Guide to Distance Education¬†getting started information and frequently asked questions in text format.
- Be sure to¬† check Titans Direct for additional course specific information.¬†¬†Specifically check comments for¬† any additional important course/section specific information.
- Distance Education home page¬†has additional resources, technical requirements, learning tutorials,¬†Blackboard help, etc.
- ¬†Browser Check¬†to determine your computers compatibility with Blackboard.
- CCM Student Email ‚Äď¬†¬†(email@example.com)¬†for log in and getting started information.¬† All registered students have CCM email.¬† A sample of the general information letter emailed to all registered students can be found¬†here.
- TEST OF ONLINE LEARNING SUCCESS TOOLS (ToOLS)¬†to get a good idea of your ‚Äúchances for success‚ÄĚ as an online student.