You may be eligible to
The Community College Opportunity Grant
The New Jersey Community College Opportunity Grant (CCOG) may cover the cost of FULL TUITION and approved educational FEES for qualified students for 6-18 credits after all other federal, state, institutional and community aid have been applied.
Determining Your Eligibility
- Have a family household adjusted gross income of no more than $65,000 or
- Have a family household adjusted gross income between $65,001 – $80,000 for 50% of the maximum CCOG amount according to the state (HESAA)
- Do not already have an associate or higher degree
- Registered for 6-18 credits each term
- Completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application if you are a New Jersey Dreamer (undocumented or DACA student) by the state filing deadline
- CCOG final disbursed amount is less all other grant aid, including tuition waivers and community based grant aid received.
For New Jersey State Financial Aid Application Deadlines, visit www.hesaa.org/Pages/StateApplicationDeadlines.aspx/.
ATTENTION: Certain individuals may not receive grant funding to cover the full cost of tuition and approved fees according to the state.
Additionally, out-of-county students eligibility is based on their resident county college CCOG eligibility amount and no greater than CCM’sÂ CCOG maximum amount if greater.Â Out of County students must obtain and submit a Charge-Back form to the Bursar Office for the in-county tuition rate.
For Those in the Workforce
CCOG is not just for traditional students. Those in the workforce who would like to earn or complete their college degree also may quality.
Three Easy Steps
To find out if you are eligible for free tuition:
- Apply to CCM
- Fill out the FAFSA or the New Jersey Alternative Financial AidÂ Â Application if a New Jersey Dreamer â€“ CCMâ€™s school code is 007106
- Register for classes
If you are eligible, you will receive funding through the grant after all other aid has been applied.
New Jersey STARS
The New Jersey Student Tuition Assistance Reward Scholarship (NJ STARS) program provides high-achieving high school students with free tuition at their home community college. Applicants must be New Jersey residents who rank in the top 15 percent of their high school class at the end of their junior or senior years.
For more information, visit our NJ STARSÂ page.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 973-328-5230 or visit us in the Student Community Center, Room 210