Financial Aid

Federal Aid

Types of Federal Student Aid

Apply for Federal student aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form.

What Type Of Federal Student Aid Might I Get?

Select for types of Federal Student Aid and more, in addition to the below –

There are three types of Federal student aid:

1. Grants (PELL, SEOG, etc.)

These types of financial aid does not have to be repaid (unless, for example, you withdraw from school and owe a refund)

2.  Work-study (FWS)

Student work program through which you earn money while in school.  Also view below in addition to contacting the Office of Career-Services for job availability (on or off-campus).

  • Period of employment may be between July 1st – June 30th  (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer terms) to registered students.
  • Office of Career Service – Federal Work-Study / Student Aide website
  • CCM FWS Brochure (pdf)Here

3.  Federal Direct Stafford Loans (subsidized, unsubsidized, Parent PLUS)

Borrowed money for college or career school which requires repayment with interest, six month after separation from the college or if registered for less than 6 credits, whichever comes  first.