New Jersey Student Tuition Assistance Reward Scholarship (NJ STARS)
The New Jersey Student Tuition Assistance Reward Scholarship (NJ STARS), established in 2004, provides New Jerseyâ€™s highest achieving students with free tuition and approved fees; less any state and/or federal grants and scholarships, for up to five semesters at their home county college.
NJ STARS scholarship recipients who PLAN TO TRANSFER to a four-year New Jersey public college or university may also qualify for a tuition-free education through NJ STARS II.
Eligibility Review and Award Notification:
You must first apply for all need-based federal assistance by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA.
- Indicate the CCM federal school code: 007106, when completing the FAFSA
- FAFSA application DEADLINESÂ to qualify for NJ STARS scholarship
- Additional NJ STAR Terms and Conditions (HESAA)
- CCM NJ STAR brochure
- NJ STARS FAQ
- NJ STARS Fact Sheet for High School Graduates
- For other NJ State scholarship listing visit: https://www.hesaa.org/Pages/NJGrantsApplications.aspx
ATTENTION: Potential NJ STARS recipients are required to submit documented proof from their high school on letterhead, providing their junior or senior year rating (class size) and ranking, confirming top 15 percentile, in addition to meeting all other federal and state aid eligibility requirements.
Authority: NJ Higher Education Student Assistance Authority