Types of Federal Student Aid

Apply for Federal student aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form.

What Type Of Federal Student Aid Might I Get?

Select for types of Federal Student Aid and more, in addition to the below –

There are three types of Federal student aid:

1. Grants (PELL, SEOG, etc.)

These types of financial aid does not have to be repaid (unless, for example, you withdraw from school and owe a refund)

2.  Work-study (FWS)

Student work program through which you earn money while in school.  Also view below in addition to contacting the Office of Career-Services for job availability (on or off-campus).


3.  Federal Direct Stafford Loans (subsidized, unsubsidized, Parent PLUS)

Borrowed money for college or career school which requires repayment with interest, six month after separation from the college or if registered for less than 6 credits, whichever comes  first.


Understanding Summer Pell Grant Eligibility

Summer Pell Awards for Students

Attention: New Jersey State grants and scholarships do not apply toward summer enrollment.  To learn more visit HESAA.org