The Child Development Associate (CDA) Educational Endorsement Certificate of Achievement at County College of Morris is a three-course series worth nine college credits designed to support the national Child Development Associate (CDA) Credentialâ„˘. Grounded in research and evidence-based practice, the curriculum blends academic and professional preparation in courses approved by the Council for Professional Recognition. The content is aligned with the national competency standards for the CDA Credential and prepares the students in the following goals:
- To establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment
- To advance physical and intellectual competence
- To support social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
- To establish positive and productive relationships with families
- To ensure a well-run, purposeful program responsive to participant needs
- To maintain a commitment to professionalism
Completing the CDA Educational Endorsement Certificate of Achievement at County College of Morris is the first step toward a career as a preschool group teacher in a child care center, as well as careers as a paraprofessional, substitute teacher, Head Start employee, Child Life Specialist, Early Intervention professional, and many other jobs in child-related careers.
For students interested in pursuing a bachelorâ€™s degree at a four-year college and/or New Jersey state teaching certification, the CDA course series applies as course credit toward other certificate and associate degree options at County College of Morris.
Teacher Education Professional Licensure Directory (by State and select territories)