ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES TESTING GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS
Please review these guidelines prior to scheduling your exam. Remember scheduling the exam is YOUR responsibility.
Scheduling the Exam:
Be sure to schedule your exam at least one week prior to your classâ€™s exam.
- In order to schedule your exam the student must come into Accessibility Services to pick up a Testing Form & make a tentative appointment with the Testing Coordinator.
- The student must fill out the student portion of the request form.
- Next, the student must bring this form to their professor for approval and to ask the professor to complete the rest of the request form.
- Finally, please remove and keep the pink copy of the form as verification of your appointment.
Taking the Exam:
- Be on time! Try and arrive 10 to 15 minutes prior to your exam.
- Personal belongings, such as purses, backpacks, and cell phones are not permitted in any of the testing rooms. Store them in designated spot prior to the exam.
- The use of computers is not permitted unless your accommodations or professor allow the use of them.
- If you use a computer, be aware that your work will not be saved once you are done.
- Once you start the test, you must not leave the room. If itâ€™s an emergency, see the Testing coordinator.
- Remember you will need a valid picture ID to be admitted to the exam.
After the Exam:
- Upon the studentâ€™s next class session, the student should check with the professor to be sure he/she has received the completed exam.
ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES TESTING FAQâ€™S
What if you have to cancel an appointment?
Call ahead. You may reschedule if the date meets your professorâ€™s deadline and approval.
What if you are late?
You will have to forfeit however many minutes late you are for your scheduled testing time.
What if you need help during the test?
Ask! The Accessibility Services staff cannot help you with test answers, but they can help with equipment or other accommodations use.
What if you want to take only part of the test?
You must make arrangements with both your professor and the Accessibility Services office, prior to starting the exam
What if you cheat?
DONâ€™T!Â Testing will end immediately. Any cheating will be dealt with according to College Policy (see CCM catalogue).
What are your hours of operation?
Our office closes by:
6:30pm Monday and Thursday,
4:30pm Tuesday and Wednesday and
3:30pm on Friday