County College of Morris offers both part-time and full-time students an opportunity to take Honors courses and/or earn Honors designation on their transcript in their major or program of study. Honors study is designed to help exemplary students develop their special talents and enjoy an intensive and stimulating learning atmosphere. Those who qualify may take as many Honors classes as desired. Honors courses are presently offered in the more general academic areas that are requirements for most majors.
Honors and Honors Option
Honors classes offer smaller class sizes in which all students enrolled are Honors students, while Honors Option offers those who excel in the core courses of their major or specific subjects an opportunity to achieve a higher level of competence in a regular section of a class. In addition to the standard assignments, students will complete an Honors project that relates to the course objectives, and they work closely with the professor to complete the assignment.
Honors Designation on Transcript
To receive an Honors Designation on their transcript a student must meet the following requirements:
- Students enrolled in Associate in Applied Science programs must complete 16 credits of Honors or Honors option courses.
- Students enrolled in Associate in Arts, Associate in Fine Art, and Associate in Science programs must complete 18 credits of Honors or Honors option courses.
Challenger Program Students
High school juniors or seniors who are recommended by a counselor or teacher may take appropriate Honors courses with the permission of the Honors director.
Students may enroll in Honors study with the following qualifications:
- Minimum scores of 1240 on the SAT; 26 on the ACT.
Currently enrolled students at the college must fulfill these requirements:
- Completed a minimum of 12 credits at CCM and have a 3.3 or higher GPA.
Students that have transferred into CCM should consult with the Honors co-directors to determine eligibility. Donâ€™t meet the above criteria, but interested in taking an Honors course? Email email@example.com to discuss the possibilities.
- Join a community of scholars committed to academic engagement and excellence
- Develop relationships with committed honors faculty who are committed to their students and their success
- Engage in opportunities to delve deeper into topics that interest you
- Exposure to additional research and independent study opportunities
- Gain experience and applicable skills to become a more competitive transfer applicant and marketable candidate
- Participate in co-curricular activities such as events and field trips
- Join us at the Student Showcase hosted by Honors every semester where students highlight their academic work
All students enrolled in Honors classes have the opportunity to take part in monthly programming geared toward enriching their college experience and preparing them for success beyond CCM. Students will learn more about various services offered by CCM, such as career services, transfer services, and library resources. Gatherings will also include workshops and celebrations of students and their work, all while building community with other Honors students.
Courses Available in a Variety of Subjects
Art History, Biology, Business, Communications, Design, English, History, Marketing, Math, Music, Philosophy, Photography, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, and more.
Honors Experience Highlights
- Contemporary Art Honors students presented their critical analyses on the work of avant-garde artists Shahzia Sikander, Kimsooja, and Kiki Smith in the inaugural Honors Student Showcase at CCM.
- Ecology Honors students used what they learned in their classes to go on to participate in the longest standing U.S. ecological successional field assessment and assist on research surveys with the U.S. Forest Service.
- History Honors students in US History I worked with primary sources at Washington Headquarters at Morristown National Historical Park. Their work was featured on the Morristown National Headquarters Instagram account.
And so much more! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about what you can experience!