Attention:Â Please pay close attention to the year FAFSA filed, ensuring that is applicable toward the correct enrollment year.Â Â Example: 2020-2021 Academic Year (Fall ’20, Winter’21 Spring’21 and Summer ’21) the 2020-2021 FAFSA must be filed.
- HELP !Â Need assistance filing your FAFSA?
- Watch a Line by Line FAFSA completion Demo (US Dept. of Ed.)
- 3 FAFSAÂ® Deadlines You Need to Know Now (US Dept. of Ed.)
- Annual FAFSA or New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application (NJ DREAMers only) filing availability – October 1st
- For eligibility between July 1st – June 30thÂ (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer terms)
- Create Your FSA IDÂ (used for electronic fafsa signing)
- Parent to apply for an FSA ID (dependents students only ~ For fafsa electronic signing)
- Select the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (recommended)
- Complete sign and submit your FAFSA
- Undocumented students â€“ Complete the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application for NJ Dreamers Only.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) sent from the Federal processing center.
- Correcting your FAFSA (if required)
- Common correction made: School code changes, Parent income/assets information reported as the students, Social security number, etc.
- Submit copies of only those documents requested by us to the Office of Financial AidÂ Attention: Image must be readable, include your CCMID# on each page.
- Upload documents requested by NJ State (HESAA) to them directly. Login to NJFAMS
- Track Progress â€“
- Review your Financial Aid CCM Titans Direct- Award
- College Calculators (estimates only) –
Continuing studentsÂ Â receiving financial aid (grants and loans) for the Winterim,Â be aware that your federal financial aid eligibility amount forÂ the upcoming springÂ and or summerÂ term may beÂ reduced due to disbursement made for the previous term (Fall if applicable).
- NJ State GrantsÂ –Â Â Funding for Fall and Spring terms only.
Steps to Apply
Changes to Your Familyâ€™s Financial Situation as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic?
If your or your familyâ€™s household financial situation has changed significantly from what is reflected on your federal income tax return (for example, if youâ€™ve lost a job or otherwise experienced a drop in income), you may be eligible to have your financial aid adjusted. Complete the FAFSA questions as instructed on the application (including the transfer of tax return and income information), submit your FAFSA form, then contact the school you plan to attend to discuss how your current financial situation has changed.
Additionally, if you have already completed your FAFSA for the coming school year, you may submit a request for financial aid Professional Judgement (download form) with supporting documentation to our office for review.Â Note that our Financial Aid Office decision is final and cannot be appealed to the U.S. Department of Education.
Visit StudentAid.gov/coronavirus for more information.
Complete the application for student financial aid assistance.Â The County College of Morris federal school code is 007106, which should be enteredÂ when filing your FAFSA.
- NJ Dreamers Only – Must file the New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application only.
All other students may file-
- The FAFSA online: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Request aÂ FSA IDÂ from https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm – allow two weeks for receipt (email addressÂ preferred for quicker response).Â If filing without a FSA ID, when prompted, you and or your parent MUST print, sign and mail the signature page to the federal processing center.
- HELP !Â Need assistance filing your FAFSA?
Tuition and Fees funding to eligible students
Documentsâ€‹ Required (if applicable)
Before you start the FAFSA, it’s helpful to gather the following documents which may be applicable to you. You may need to refer to the personal or financial information on these items as you complete the aid application.
- your 2021-2022 FAFSA requires financial data only from your filed 2019 IRS income tax return.
- your 2020-2021 FAFSA requires financial data only from your filed 2018 IRS income tax return.
- Non tax filers must report all earnings and or benefits received if applicable and may be required to complete our annual expense and resources form.
Your Financial References (Student and Parent [if dependent per FAFSA]) –
Personal References –
*** Do NOT submit documents unless requested by your Financial Aid Office.Â Do NOT submit originals (copies only) as they may not be returned to you.Â Thank you ***
Filing Dates and Deadlines
March 1 is the County College of Morris â€śpreferred” FAFSA filing date, allowing for sufficient processing time.Â Â Additionally students may make all necessaryÂ corrections or document submission if needed.Â The Office of Financial Aid estimated processing periodÂ towardÂ your receipt of an aid eligibilityÂ notice, mayÂ take betweenÂ 2 toÂ 3 weeks.
Attention:Financial Aid applicants who register for classes prior to an award notification by CCM may be required to pay out-of-pocket till awarded by us. Once aid is disbursed they will be refunded their financial aid eligibility amount by the colleges’ Business Office.
Enrollment during the 2021-2022 Academic Year (Fall ’21, Winter’22 Spring’22 and Summer ’22)
2021-2022 FAFSA or NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application must be filed and file complete in our office for awarding Federal and or State funds.
Enrollment during the 2020-2021 Academic Year (Fall ’20, Winter’21 Spring’21 and Summer ’21)
2020-2021 FAFSA or NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application must be filed and file complete in our office for awarding Federal and or State funds.
To extend your financial aid into the summer semester an additional Summer Aid Form may be completed and returned to our office by March 1st., prior to the start ofÂ the summer semester.
What Happens Next – The Financial Aid Process
- About one month after filing, both you and the institutions you list on your FAFSA form will receive the results of your application in the form of a Student Aid Report (SAR) for federal programs, and a Student Eligibility Notice (SEN) for New Jersey Programs.Â Review the reports for accuracy and follow all instructions on these documents.Â Verify that County College of Morris is listed on the SAR as an institution that will receive your information. CCM will access this data electronically to prepare your aid package.
- Students selected for the federal or institutional process called “verification”, will receiveÂ an electronic notification from the County College of Morris of Financial Aid listing materials required to complete the aid determination process. Requested materials may include tax returns, proof of residency, proof of date of birth, citizenship, copy of social security card, selective service registration (males), proof of marital status, etc. Note: Name and CCM student ID must be written clearly on all materials submitted. All requested items must be received before an award determination is made.
- Once the Financial Aid Office receives and reviews the processed FAFSA application results and completes the award determination process, an electronic award notice will be emailed to the students CCM Student email address. This notice will instruct students to logon to Titans Direct to view/print their awards. Students may also view additional documents which may be requested in order for the office to complete the aid determination process.
How Aid is Applied to Tuition
All forms of aid (Federal, State, Institutional grants and scholarships) are applied to a student’s tuition account immediately after the add-drop period and the verification of attendance.Â Student’s whose aid exceeds their tuition cost willÂ receive a refund check byÂ theÂ Colleges’ Business Office approximately 10 business days after disbursement.
- Students may submit their FAFSA or NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application as early as October 1,Â annually.
- Now Available: 2021â€“22 FAFSAÂ® Form on myStudentAid Mobile App.Â Download the myStudentAid app in the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android). Note: If you downloaded the app prior to Oct. 1, you must download an update to access the 2021â€“22 FAFSA form.
For more information, theÂ Financial Aid Office recommends that students periodically view your County College of Morris student email.