Financial Aid Application Made Easy – 2024-2025 FAFSA Simplification
Application Availability: End of December 2023.
- 8 Steps to Apply for Federal & State Student Aid (pdf)
- Filling Out the FAFSAÂ® Form (Federal Student Aid)
- Online Filing Workshops & More (NJ HESAA)
- Types of Federal Student Aid â€“Â Video Â &Â NJ State Student Aid â€“ HESAA
- Demo of the 2024-2025 FAFSA (Video – College Planning Professionals)
- CCM – FA Quick Steps Card
Attention:Â Please pay close attention to the year FAFSA and NJ State Alternative Aid Application (NJ Dreamers only) filed, ensuring that it is for the correct school year.Â Â
Examples of correct application year to be filed:
- 2023-2024 Academic Year (Fall ’23, Winter’24 Spring’24 and Summer ’24) Or for
- 2024-2025 Academic Year (Fall â€™24, Winterâ€™25 Springâ€™25 and Summer â€™25)
IT’S NOT TOO LATE !Â
Apply now for Fall 2023 through Summer 2024 (2023-2024).
You may be eligible to receive a financial aid eligibility refund!!!
Application Process :
Complete the application for student financial aid assistance.Â The County College of Morris Federal school code is 007106, which should be entered when filing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Attention: When prompted, we strongly recommend that you grant consent+approval using the Future Act- Direct Data Exchange (FA-DDX). This tool will allow for an automatic transfer of your filed Federal IRS income tax return information to your FAFSA form to determine federal aid eligibility (replaces what used to be the IRS data retrieval tool DRT).Â Additionally, the word “Contributor” (open as a separate window to view video) is a new term being introduced on the 2024â€“25 form and is anyone who is required to provide filing information, signature, consent and approval.
STEP 1 –Â The student and one parent (dependent student), also known as a “Contributor’s” must – Create a Federal Student Aid – FSA ID (account username and password). To Apply visitÂ https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch .
STEP 2 –Â Applicable contributors – Using their own FSA ID, log in and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa .
STEP 3 –EMAIL INVITATION NOTICE TO CONTRIBUTORS!
Required for FAFSA completion, signature, consent & approval:
- FAFSA started by the Student: A dependent student MUST grant consent to a parent by way of entering the parent’s name, date of birth, Social Security number, and email address when prompted for parental information data entry prior to submission. Or
- FAFSA started by the Parent: A parent may begin the FAFSA on the student’s behalf using their own FSA ID.Â However, the parent MUST grant consent to the student by way of entering the student’s name, date of birth, Social Security number, and email address when prompted for FAFSA data entry and signing prior to submission.
- IMPORTANT: Being a contributor does NOT indicate financial responsibility. However, if a contributor refuses to provide their information, the student will not be eligible for federal student aid.
STEP 4 – YOUR FAFSA RESULTS!
The U.S. Department of Education (Federal Student Aid) will send you your Student Aid Report (SAR) , renamed “FAFSA Submission Summary” for 2024-2025 â€“ the result of processing your FAFSA. Review your submission summary and if necessary, make changes or corrections online at www.studentaid.gov. For assistance if making corrections visit – https://studentaid.gov/apply-for-aid/fafsa/review-and-correctÂ .
STEP 5 – YOUR NJ STATE AID RESULTS!
The State will send an email to the address listed on the FAFSA or Alternative Aid Application containing your NJ State/HESAA ID. You will be instructed to create a NJFAMS User ID and password to log into your NJFAMS Student Portal. You can find your â€śTo Do Listâ€ť and â€śAward and Eligibilityâ€ť information as well as other functions to assist you with your state aid process.
STEP 6 – VERIFY YOUR ANSWERS!
If you are selected randomly for federal verification, your schoolâ€™s financial aid office will ask you to submit, uploading tax returns and other documents, as appropriate. Be sure to meet the schoolâ€™s March 1. preferred deadline, ensuring funding prior to the start of the academic year.
STEP 7 – DOCUMENT UPLOAD!
CCM Financial Aid Office will notify you if additional document’s are required to complete the award eligibility process by way of your CCM student mail –Â Uploaded all forms and documents to Titans Direct .
STEP 8 – VIEW YOUR AWARD !
CCM Financial Aid Office will notify of your eligibility by way of your CCM Student Email. This email will direct you to TITANS DIRECT, Student Portal to view your annual Award Packet (Award e-notification).
STEP 9 – TITANS DIRECT ACCESS !
CCM Incoming students orÂ if accessing your CCM student self-service portal Titans Direct – Your access password is your CCM student identification number. Example – ccm9999999 (no space and requires change once accessed). Your user name is your CCM student email (last name.first firstname.lastname@example.org).Â Both yourÂ identification number and email are on your Admissions acceptance letter to the college.
NJ State Application for NJ Dreamers (Undocumented and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)), complete – The New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application https://www.hesaa.org/Pages/NJAlternativeApplication.aspx
- HELP ! Select here if need assistance Filing your FAFSA? Or
- Federal Student Aid YouTube videos Applying for Financial Aid With the FAFSAÂ® Form
- NJ State HESAA – FAFSA and New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application Completion Workshops and more.
Documentsâ€‹ Required for Filing:
Before you start the application for financial aid assistance, it’s helpful to gather the following documents. You may need to refer to the personal or financial information as you complete the aid application.
Please note –
- your 2023-2024 FAFSA requires financial data only from your filed 2021 IRS income tax return.
- your 2024-2025 FAFSA requires financial data only from your filed 2022 IRS income tax return.
- Non tax filers must report all earnings and or benefits received if applicable and may be required to complete our annual expense and resources form.
Your “Contributors” Financial References –
(Student and Parent (if dependent per FAFSA))
Personal References –
*** Do NOT submit documents unless requested by your Financial Aid Office.Â Do NOT submit originals (copies only) as they may not be returned to you ***
Application availability, Dates and Deadlines
March 1 is the County College of Morris â€śpreferred” FAFSA filing date, allowing for sufficient processing time.Â Â Additionally students may make all necessaryÂ corrections or document submission if needed.Â The Office of Financial Aid estimated processing periodÂ towardÂ your receipt of an aid eligibilityÂ notice, mayÂ take betweenÂ 2 toÂ 3 weeks.
Attention:Financial Aid applicants who register for classes prior to an award notification by CCM may be required to pay out-of-pocket till awarded by us. Once aid is disbursed they will be refunded their financial aid eligibility amount by the colleges’ Business Office.
- Enrollment during the 2023-2024 Academic Year (Fall ’23, Winter’24 Spring’24 and Summer ’24)
2023-2024 FAFSA or NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application must be filed and file complete in our office for awarding Federal and or State funds.
- Enrollment during the 2024-2025 Academic Year (Fall ’24, Winter’25 Spring’25 and Summer ’25)
2024-2025 FAFSA or NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application must be filed and file complete in our office for awarding Federal and or State funds.
To extend your financial aid into the summer semester an additional Summer Aid Form may be completed and returned to our office by March 1, prior to the start of the summer semester.
What Happens Next – The Financial Aid Process
- About one month after filing, both you and the institutions you listed on your FAFSA or NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application will receive the results electronically for eligibility.Â Review the reports (Student Aid Report (SAR) or FAFSA Submission Summary for Federal and Student Eligibility Notice (SEN) for NJ State eligibility determination) for accuracy and follow all instructions on these documents.Â Verify that County College of Morris is listed on the FAFSA Submission Summary as an institution that will receive your information. CCM will access this data electronically to prepare your aid package.
- Verification – Students selected for the Federal or institutional process called “verification”, will receiveÂ an email notification from the County College of Morris Financial Aid Office, listing additional documents required to complete the aid determination process. Requested documents may include copies but not limited to signed filed IRS income tax return transcripts, proof of residency, proof of date of birth, US or eligible non citizenship, copy of social security card, proof of parent killed in line of duty (studentâ€™s under age 33 only), proof of marital status, family members worksheet, saving/checking balance proof, etc. Note: Your name and CCM student ID must be indicated clearly on all pages submitted. All requested items must be received before an award determination is made.Â Additionally, items requested by NJ State (HESAA) must be uploaded to them directly – View your â€śTo-Do-Listâ€ť for requested items if any.. Login to NJFAMSÂ https://njfams.hesaa.org
- Award Notification– Once the Financial Aid Office receives the processed FAFSA or NJ Alternative Financial Aid application results, and completes the award determination process, an email award notice will be sent to the student’s CCM student email address. This notice will instruct students to logon to Titans Direct to view/print their awards (student loan awardees must accept/decline). Students may also view additional documents* which may be requested in order for the office to complete the aid determination process.
- CCM Document Upload to Financial Aid* –Â
- TITANS DIRECT student self-serve portal. Select here
How Aid is Applied to Tuition
All forms of aid (Federal, State, Institutional grants and scholarships) are applied to a student’s tuition account immediately after the add-drop period and the verification of attendance.Â Student’s whose aid exceeds their tuition cost willÂ receive a refund check byÂ theÂ Colleges’ Business Office approximately 10 business days after disbursement.
FAFSA or NJ ALTERNATIVE FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION FILING
For more information, our Financial Aid Office recommends that students periodically view your County College of Morris student email for updates and more.
Need HELP Filing ?
- HELP !Â Need assistance filing your FAFSA?
- 2022â€“23 FAFSA Form on StudentAid.gov Preview Presentation in PPT Format, 52MB (US Dept. of Ed.)
- Virtual FAFSA and NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application filingÂ (NJ State HESAA)
- CCM Financial Aid Application Filing AssistanceÂ (flyer)
- How to Fill Out the FAFSA Form?Â Watch YouTube – video here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9HWaQpuNSk Â (US Dept. of Ed.)
- 3 FAFSAÂ® Deadlines You Need to Know Now (US Dept. of Ed.)
- Undocumented and DACA students â€“ Complete the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application for NJ Dreamers only.
- Review online your Student Aid Report (SAR) or FAFSA Submission Summary, sent from the Federal Student Aid processing center.
- Correcting your FAFSA (if required)
- Common mistakes made: School code reported, Parent income/assets information reported as the students, Social Security Number incorrect, etc.
- Upload documents – NJ State Higher Education (HESAA) requested, as seen on NJFAMS “To-Do-List“.