- INVESTING IN YOURSELF.pdf
- College Calculators (estimates only) –
- CCM- Net Price Calculator (federal aid)
- Quick Calculator (State TAG grant)
- College Cost/Investment Calculators (State HESAA)
- Annual FAFSA filing availability – October 1st
- For eligibility between July 1st – June 30th (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer terms)
- Create Your FSA ID (used for electronic fafsa signing)
- Parent to apply for an FSA ID (dependents students only ~ For fafsa electronic signing)
- Select the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (recommended)
- Complete sign and submit your FAFSA
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) sent from the Federal processing center.
- Make corrections to the FAFSA (if required)
- Submit copies of only those documents requested by us to the Office of Financial Aid Attention: Image must be readable, include your CCMID# on each page.
- Upload documents requested by NJ State (HESAA) to them directly. Login to NJFAMS
- Undocumented students – Complete the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application for NJ Dreamers Only. https://njfams.hesaa.org
- Track Progress –
- Review your Financial Aid CCM Titans Direct- Award
- Continuing students receiving financial aid (grants and loans) for the Winterim, be aware that your federal financial aid eligibility amount for the upcoming spring and or summer term may be reduced due to disbursement made for the previous term (Fall if applicable).
- NJ State Grants – Funding for Fall and Spring terms only.
Steps to Apply
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The County College of Morris federal school code is 007106, which should be entered when filing your FAFSA.
- File the FAFSA online: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Request a FSA ID from https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm – allow two weeks for receipt (email address preferred for quicker response). If filing without a FSA ID, when prompted, you and or your parent MUST print, sign and mail the signature page to the federal processing center.
- NJ Dreamers Only – File the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application .
Tuition and Fees funding to eligible students
Documents Required (if applicable)
Before you start the FAFSA, it’s helpful to gather the following documents which may be applicable to you. You may need to refer to the personal or financial information on these items as you complete the aid application.
- your 2019-2020 FAFSA requires financial data only from your filed 2017 IRS income tax return.
- your 2018-2019 FAFSA requires financial data only from your filed 2016 IRS income tax return.
- Non tax filers must report all earnings and or benefits received if applicable and may be required to complete our annual expense and resources form.
Your Financial References (Student and Parent [if dependent per FAFSA]) –
Personal References –
*** Do NOT submit documents unless requested by your Financial Aid Office. Do NOT submit originals (copies only) as they may not be returned to you. Thank you ***
Filing Dates and Deadlines
(Annual FAFSA application filing is available October 1 ).
March 1 is the County College of Morris “preferred” FAFSA filing date, allowing for sufficient processing time. Additionally students may make all necessary corrections or document submission if needed. The Office of Financial Aid estimated processing period toward your receipt of an aid eligibility notice, may take between 2 to 3 weeks.
Attention:Financial Aid applicants who register for classes prior to an award notification by CCM may be required to pay out-of-pocket till awarded by us. Once aid is disbursed they will be refunded their financial aid eligibility amount by the colleges’ Business Office.
- Enrollment during the 2019-2020 Academic Year (Fall 2019, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020)
– 2019-2020 FAFSA must be filed and file complete in our office for awarding Federal and or State funds.
- Enrollment during the 2018-2019 Academic Year (Fall 2018, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019)
– 2018-2019 FAFSA must be filed and file complete in our office for awarding Federal and or State funds.
To extend your financial aid into the summer semester an additional Summer Aid Form may be completed and returned to our office by March 1st., prior to the start of the summer semester.
What Happens Next – The Financial Aid Process
- About one month after filing, both you and the institutions you list on your FAFSA form will receive the results of your application in the form of a Student Aid Report (SAR) for federal programs, and a Student Eligibility Notice (SEN) for New Jersey Programs. Review the reports for accuracy and follow all instructions on these documents. Verify that County College of Morris is listed on the SAR as an institution that will receive your information. CCM will access this data electronically to prepare your aid package.
- Students selected for the federal or institutional process called “verification”, will receive an electronic notification from the County College of Morris of Financial Aid listing materials required to complete the aid determination process. Requested materials may include tax returns, proof of residency, proof of date of birth, citizenship, copy of social security card, selective service registration (males), proof of marital status, etc. Note: Name and CCM student ID must be written clearly on all materials submitted. All requested items must be received before an award determination is made.
- Once the Financial Aid Office receives and reviews the processed FAFSA application results and completes the award determination process, an electronic award notice will be emailed to the students CCM Student email address. This notice will instruct students to logon to Titans Direct to view or print their awards. Students may also view additional documents which may be requested in order for the office to complete the aid determination process.
How Aid is Applied to Tuition
All forms of aid (Federal, State, Institutional grants and scholarships) are applied to a student’s tuition account immediately after the add-drop period and the verification of attendance. Student’s whose aid exceeds their tuition cost will receive a refund check by the Colleges’ Business Office approximately 10 business days after disbursement.
- Students may submit their FAFSA as early as October 1, annually.
- NEW! Now Available: 2019–20 FAFSA® Form on myStudentAid Mobile App. Download the myStudentAid app in the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android). Note: If you downloaded the app prior to Oct. 1, you must download an update to access the 2019–20 FAFSA form.
For more information, the Financial Aid Office recommends that students periodically view your County College of Morris student email.