• Where do I begin?
      • 1. Submit an application for acceptance as a “Degree-Seeking” student to the Admission Office.
      • 2. Review and follow the financial aid application procedures, which include completion of¬†the Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA.
  • What types of aid assistance are available?¬†
  • What year FAFSA should I file for¬†my planned enrollment? Examples of FAFSA filing dates for a given enrollment period, during an academic year (Fall, Spring and Summer): Enrollment during the 2019-2020 academic year (Fall 2019, Winter 2020, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020) ‚Äď 2019-2020¬† FAFSA must be filed for awarding aid.
  • When should I file for the summer term?¬†To extend your financial aid to the summer term, it is recommended that you complete an additional Summer Enrollment Intent Notification form by March 1st to allow for eligibility notification prior to you registering.¬† If you have not already done so, you must first file the current school years FAFSA to be considered for summer aid, loans included.

Example: Summer 2020 term enrollees requesting aid assistance must complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA.¬†¬† Eligibility is contingent on remaining aid. e.g. ¬†If attended full-time, both fall and spring terms and received your eligibility (loan included), you may not be eligible for summer aid.¬† Notice to Transfer Students ‚Äď You must be a CCM degree-seeking in order to qualify and must have already requested a schools code change to your processed fafsa identifying CCM Federal School¬†code: 007106 to be processed.

  • What do I do if I made a mistake or left out information on my Federal or State aid application? If you need to make corrections, please visit or call the Office of Financial Aid¬†prior to your making corrections online to determine if your corrections are needed.
  • How and when do I apply for financial aid? The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available for filing OCTOBER 1. each year. Our federal school code: 007106 must be entered upon completion of your application.¬† It is recommended that students complete the application by early to mid April, avoiding delays due to corrections.¬† Remember to sign your application electronically, avoiding delay in processing. Filing your FAFSA requires information for the appropriate year.¬† Retain copies of both the parents‚Äô and the student‚Äôs tax returns, etc. for future reference.¬†¬† Students seeking assistance are encouraged to visit our office (appointment preferred), meeting with one of our Advisors.¬† Note: If requested by us, please bring all supporting items (copy of your IRS Income Tax Return Transcript-all parts, YTD bank statements, YTD Social Security Benefits received statement and or investment statements, etc.) with your prior to your visit.
  • What are the deadlines? “Priority” deadlines: Submit the completed FAFSA after October 1st. each year, but no later than mid-April.¬† It is recommended you file at least three months prior to the start of a semester. If you apply late – Be prepared to pay all charges out-of-pocket with the possibility of receiving financial aid assistance of which you may receive a refund of your aid eligibility, after the semester starts.


  • What is the processing time? You should allow for approximately 2 weeks, total processing time for the Central Processing System to process your FAFSA, with an additional 2-3 weeks for the college aid determination and response to you of your eligibility. You are encouraged to file electronically to reduce processing time to 3-5 days.¬† Please respond immediately to all requests for additional information, avoiding delay of your aid eligibility.¬† Late filers may pay their tuition out of pocket if already registered, but will receive a refund from the Bursar Office once their eligibility has been finalized with aid disbursed.
  • When will I hear if I am eligible to receive aid? An electronic award notification letter will be “emailed” (CCM email address ONLY) to students once eligibility has been determined. This electronic notification will instruct students to view their awards, loans included and/or additional documents required to complete their file by logging on to: Titans Direct .
  • Why did I get a Federal Student Aid Report (SAR) but not a State Student Eligibility Notice (SEN)? You listed CCM as your second or third choice upon completing the FAFSA.¬† NJ State aid will only be processed on your first choice. Please contact our office for assistance or State, requesting a school code change.
  • What is an award notification letter? An award notification is an official or unofficial (additional information requested) notice from the college, itemizing your funding by award name and dollar amounts you are eligible to receive.¬† This notification instructs students to login to CCM Titans Direct, viewing the details of their awards and more..
  • How I submit documents requested if unable to come to campus or the college is closed?¬† Documents clearly scanned may be emailed to finaid@ccm.edu.
  • How do ask and received response to my questions electronically? All questions and concerns may be submitted by way of finaid@ccm.edu
  • How can I take a course at another college (Consortium) ? Yes.¬† Financial Aid students who wish to take course(s) at another institution as part of their County College of Morris program of study (prior approval required) must follow consortium agreement procedures and complete the consortium agreement form.
  • Select type: Domestic¬†(Colleges in the US) or Study Abroad (Colleges out side the US) Please return your completed application to the Financial Aid Office.¬†
  • How and when is Student Financial Aid applied to my bill? WHEN BILLED FOR THE SEMESTER: Read the instructions concerning financial aid recipients and follow them concerning payment. Every effort is made to credit term bills with all accepted and approved financial aid except anticipated FWS earnings.*¬† You must have received your Award Eligibility Notice¬†¬†prior to registering.¬† Students may also view their aid eligibility and or additional documents which may be required to complete their file on line, by logging on to: Titans Direct.
  • Do you offer Books and Supply Allowance? Yes.¬† This is an early advance of expected refund based on your financial aid award(s) packet and is subject to change or cancellation based on changes in enrollment.¬† Prior to visiting the bookstore, review your Titans Direct – Account Activity, for a negative balance (credit/expected refund), then you may proceed to the CCM Bookstore.

Financial aid recipients are responsible for remitting any balance due after qualified financial aid (approval Loans, federal and State grants and scholarship aid) has been applied. See your Award Notice for¬†aid amounts.¬† Students whose applicable aid exceeds their tuition bill; may request from the Bursar/Cashier Office an advance, up to $600.00 (if warranted- see your credit¬† “-” balance) in the form of a “Book Store Allowance” for the purchases at¬†the colleges bookstore, during the in-person registration period ONLY.

Bursar Information View your Financial Aid (loans included)
Click here for Bursar Information Click & logon to Titans Direct
  • What opportunities are there for work on campus? Two employment programs exist for students: Federal Work-Study (FWS) – this is a federally supported employment program.
    • Students must meet need requirements.
    • Students may work no more than 19.5 hours per week during the semester, and as many as 24.5 hours per week during school breaks.
    • Students must monitor their earning total, so not to exceed their FWS awarded amount (prior approval required from the Financial Aid Office).
    • Opportunities are available both on-campus and in off-campus non-profit agencies.
    • FWS allocated award is not subtracted from tuition charges, as employment is required with earned wages paid bi-weekly.
  • ¬†Student Aide (SA) – this is a College employment program. Financial need is not a requirement for participation. Students normally work 10-15 hours per week while school is in session.¬† Available jobs will vary by semester.¬† Typical jobs in both programs may include office assistant, lab assistant, tutor, disabled student classroom assistant.¬† For wages and more, please refer to the Federal Work-Study / Student Aide website¬†or visit Career Services,¬†Student Community Center 118.
  • What CCM Scholarships are available? The office administers several need and non-need based scholarship programs.


Scholarship Application Deadlines Award Notification to Applicants
¬† Fall Term¬†– April 1 – May 31 ¬† Fall applicants –¬†On or about July 31
¬† Spring Term¬†– October 1 – October 22 ¬† Spring applicants –¬†On or about November 15

NOTE: Applications received after the deadlines will be reviewed for consideration the following term. Click here for more information about available scholarships. CCM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and complies with applicable Federal and State laws prohibiting discrimination. No person shall be discriminated against with regard to employment, education programs or admission on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, handicap or veteran status.

  • What is the Colleges Return of Title IV funds Policy (r2t4)? Return of Federal Title IV Funds – This is the colleges federally calculated assessment of aid recipients who withdraw officially or unofficially from the college prior to the end of the semester.¬† The Financial Aid and Bursar Office, determines the amount (percentage) of aid eligible for based on the student‚Äôs date of withdrawal and/or last date of class attendance (LDA).¬†¬† Click Here – CCM Return of Federal Funds policy.
  • What is the colleges financial aid annual Cost of Enrollment (COE)? This includes tuition and fees, transportation, miscellaneous/personal, room and board expenses while attending school.¬† The submission of documented proof of any costs related to a disability, childcare and other¬†‚ÄĚunusual” educationally related expenses must be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid for possible aid eligibility adjustments.
  • What is the IRS Tax Credit? Course materials are eligible for the tax credit as well as tuition and fees that have not been paid for by grant or scholarship aid. In other words, you may not receive a double benefit for your qualified expenses. Qualified ‚ÄĚcourse materials include books, supplies and equipment needed for a course of study whether or not the materials are purchased from the educational institution as a condition of enrollment or attendance. To learn more¬†about the IRS Tax Credit, click here.