CCAMPIS – Child Care Access Means Parents In School program
Going to college has not been easy with Childcare challenges.Â Don’t delay, assistance is here!!!
County College of Morris CCAMPIS GOAL:
The goal of CCAMPIS is to assist low-income students who are taking 6 or more County College of Morris degree-seeking credit hours with child care expenses, towards minimizing the financial burden, ensuring their academic success toward program completion.Â In addition to providing access to affordable high-quality child care while increasing connection between area child care centers and theÂ CCM Early Childhood Education Program, CCAMPIS promotes and supports students achievements while attending County College of Morris, ensuring their success, in addition to the growth of childcare facilities toward accreditation and the Grow NJ Kids designation.
CCAMPIS is a 4-year federal grant through the US Department of Education, but is always dependent on funds available from the Department of Education at the federal level.
CCAMPIS – MISSION STATEMENT:
This program supports the participation of low-income parents in post-secondary education through the provision of childcare assistance.
CCM CCAMPIS ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS & GUIDELINES
(Subsidy awarded based on completion of financial aid awarding process; EFC range; Period of CCAMPIS application received andÂ the availability of limited subsidy funds [restricted to an estimated 15-20 students]).
- Must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), identifying CCM as your
school of choice
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen
- Must receive a PELL Grant or be PELL eligible based on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC#) on the FAFSA
- Enroll for a minimum of six (6) approved credits each term at County College of Morris
- Any change in registration status will impact the CCAMPIS subsidy.
- CCM-CCAMPIS SUBSIDY STUDENT APPLICATION
- *Disclose your dependent(s) name, age and selected childcare facility term invoice with this application.
- Participate in CCAMPIS program orientation, intensive academic advising, tutoring toward academic
- Volunteer an hour at my childâ€™s childcare facility each school year
- Attend at least 2 CCAMPIS Parent workshop (1 per term)
- Register for courses required for CCM program of study
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress in your course of study (major).
- Academically identified at risk students will be referred to The Academic Success Center –
TASC and Tutoring Center for academic support.
- CCM subsidy payment is last dollar after all other facility tuition benefit and or subsidy payment (your out of pocket cost).
- Class attendance confirmation each term and adherence to County College of Morrisâ€™ course
- Participating student parent must select a Childcare facility pre-approved by the CCM CCAMPIS authorized personnel.
- Submit proof of your dependent(s) Example: Birth Certificate or Legal Guardianship Court
document (if applicable).
Â CCM-CCAMPIS APPROVED CHILDCARE FACILITY LOCATIONS :Â
(** Contracts Pending)
Lake Hopatcong –
Mt. Olive –
CHILDCARE FACILITIES – INTERESTED IN PARTNERING WITH CCM?
Childcare Facilities interested in partnering with County College of Morris are welcome to do so; given they meet and agree to the CCM-CCAMPIS terms and conditions, outlined in the Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU).Â If you currently have a child (infant, toddler, preschool) in your facility, whose parent is “currently registered” for classes at CCM.
Please complete the MOU (writable pdf), download, sign and email to us the CCAMPIS – (MOU) .Â On approval, our CCAMPIS Program Coordinator or Program Director will contact you in addition to returning the CCM signed MOU for your records.Â To learn more about the CCAMPIS program in addition to this page, please visit CCAMPIS
SUBSIDYÂ ESTIMATED FUNDING (paid to Childcare Facility)
|Â EFC (Pell eligible only)||Â 9 or more Credits||Â 6 to 8.5 credits (three days only)|
|$0 -$500||Â 75%Â Subsidy funded||Â 50%Â Subsidy funded|
|$501- $1,500||Â 60% Subsidy funded|
|$1,501 and up||Â 30% Subsidy funded|
Attention:Â Eligibility may be prorated based on term credit load and estimated family contribution (EFC).Â County College of Morris CCAMPIS program will utilize a sliding scale based on the EFC, as determined by the student’s FAFSA results.Â Childcare subsidies is only available during the Fall and Spring terms unless otherwise noted and will be calculated as a percentage of the childcare facility fee for which the student parent is responsible for the difference each term.Â Example: Full-Time (12 or more credits), Quarter-Time (9-11.5 credits), Part-Time 6-8.5 credits) and Less Part-Time (3-5.5 credits).
Important (use slider to read in full):
CCAMPIS Subsidy payments are made directly to the selected; CCM approved Childcare Facility for listed *dependent(s) of which is not transferable for other dependents. Adherence is required to all federal and the County College of Morris policies and procedures, which include the student code of conduct, all of which must be met by the student. Additionally, the subsidy is not applicable toward tuition payment, cover childcare cost in full (percentage based on your estimated family contribution (EFC)) nor subsidy for past semester(s) childcare cost.Â Attention: CCM CCAMPIS continued annual funding is based on the grant renewal from the U.S. Department of Education.
Students Ready to Apply?Â Â Â Â Â Select:Â *CCM-CCAMPIS-SUBSIDY-APPLICATION (write-able .pdf)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
When and how will I be notified if I am eligible to receive the childcare subsidy?
Eligible students will be notified by way of their CCM email, with the awarded subsidy amount to be paid directly to Facility seen on Titans Direct -My Award or Award Letter.Â Please allow approximately 3 to 10 business days subsidy application processing.
May I request that my current Childcare Center be considered for CCAMPIS participation, if not listed above?
Yes.Â If your childcare facility is not already partnered with County College of Morris, please notify us so we may contact them.Â Once approved, they will be included on the above list.