Types of NJ State Grants and Scholarships
ALL NEW JERSEY STATE GRANTS & SCHOLARSHIPS – Select here
These deadlines are the dates the FAFSA or NJ Alternative Application must be RECEIVED by the federal or HESAA’s processor (not postmarked) to be considered for TAG, EOF, CCOG, NJ STARS and NJ STARS II.
- NJ Community College Opportunity Grant (CCOG) – Tuition and eligible Fees coverage:
- CCOG grant is limited to eligible students enrolled in at least six (6) credits per term.
- Household adjusted gross income is between $0 and $65,000 (IRS income tax filers only).
- Does not have a prior college degree.
- Out of County students must obtain and submit a Charge-Back form to the Bursar Office.
- Processed FAFSA or the NJ Alternative Application for aid (NJ DREAMers only) with file completion in the Financial Aid Office.
- Funding no greater than CCM tuition and prescribed fees (degree/certificate program) up to 18 credits per term cost.
- CCOG grant is awarded after all other Federal, State, Institutional and external grant aid, including tuition waivers and community based grant aid (loans excluded) are applied and is based on current credits at the time of disbursement.
This fund provides an opportunity for educationally and economically disadvantaged New Jersey residents to attend college, and also offers a variety of support services such as tutoring, counseling and developmental courses.Â Although not a prerequisite, the FAFSA form must be completed within the same time-frame as an EOF application.Â The EOF Office is located in Cohen Hall, Room: CH 211,Â Phone: 973-328-5270, Email Address: email@example.com; EOF InformaciÃ³n en EspaÃ±ol
NJ STATE AID FOR NEW JERSEY “DREAMers“
(Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors)
For the complete NJ State Aid for DREAMers requirements and more, selectÂ Q & A at a glance (.pdf)Â
- Fill out a CCM Admissions application
- File an affidavit with the Office of Student Development and Enrollment Management stating that the student has filed an application to legalize his/her immigration status with the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S.Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or will file such an application.
- Submit to the Admissions Office your official New Jersey high school transcript(s) for at least three (3) years or attained the equivalent to a high school diploma, issued by the State of New Jersey which includes all courses and grades to date or If you have already graduated from high school, you must submit your final official high school transcript.
To be considered for State Aid:
- Create a NJFAMS account (Social security number or school state ID number (SSID) required).
- Complete, sign and upload the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application only once you have logged into NJFAMS NJ State Higher Education Assistance Authority (HESAA) student system.
- Enrolled for 6 credits per term – Exception EOF students final term, may be eligible if registered for less.
- Must not have a prior associates or higher college degree
- Making satisfactory academic progress (continuing students)
- Respond immediately to the State’s request for additional documents, uploading them to NJFAMS student system.
- Selective Service Registration is required for all males â www.sss.gov.Â The Selective Service System Registration Form (.pdf) MUST be submitted by US Postal Service ONLY for those without a social security number (SSN).Â Â
Once your NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application for NJ State Aid has been processed by the State and received by the Financial Aid Office, our office may contact you requesting additional documents.Â Once received we will begin the award determination and notification process.Â Please monitor CCM Titans Direct and your CCM student email as these are the Financial Aid Office’s electronic method of communication.
- Complete la solicitud de Admisiones.
- Llene una declaraciÃ³n juramentada en la oficina de âStudent Development and Enrollment Managementâ que indique que el estudiante ha enviado la aplicaciÃ³n para legalizar su estado migratorio o que enviarÃ¡ tal aplicaciÃ³n. Presentar transcripciones oficiales o expediente acadÃ©mico oficial de su escuela secundaria (no menos de 3 aÃ±os) a la Oficina de Admisiones.
Para ser considerado para ayuda estatal:
- Cree una cuenta en NJFAMS (se requiere el nÃºmero de seguro social o el nÃºmero de identificaciÃ³n del estado de la escuela (SSID)).
- Complete solo la Solicitud de ayuda financiera alternativa de NJ.
- Si es hombre, regÃstrese para el âselective serviceâ- www.sss.gov. La inscripciÃ³n debe ser enviada por correo SOLAMENTE si el estudiante no tiene un nÃºmero de seguro social.