Types of NJ State Grants and Scholarships
NJ STATE GRANTS & SCHOLARSHIPS – Click Here
STATE APPLICATION FILING DEADLINES: These deadlines are the dates the FAFSA must be RECEIVED by the federal processor (not postmarked) to be considered for TAG, EOF, NJ STARS and NJ STARS II.
NJ STATE AID FOR NEW JERSEY “DREAMers” (Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors)
For the complete NJ State Aid for DREAMers requirements and more, selectÂ Q & A at a glance (.pdf)Â
- Fill out a CCM Admissions application
- File an affidavit with the Office of Student Development and Enrollment Management stating that the student has filed an application to legalize his/her immigration status with the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S.Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or will file such an application.
- Submit to the Admissions Office your official New Jersey high school transcript(s) for at least three (3) years or attained the equivalent to a high school diploma, issued by the State of New Jersey which includes all courses and grades to date or If you have already graduated from high school, you must submit your final official high school transcript.
To be considered for State Aid:
- Create a NJFAMS account (Social security number or school state ID number (SSID) required).
- Complete, sign and upload the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application only once you have logged into NJFAMS NJ State Higher Education Assistance Authority (HESAA) student system.
- Respond immediately to the State’s request for additional documents, uploading them to NJFAMS student system.
- Selective Service Registration is required for all males â www.sss.gov Registration form MUST be submitted by US Postal Service ONLY if you do not have a social security number (SSN).Â Â
Once your NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application for NJ State Aid has been processed by the State and received by the Financial Aid Office, our office may contact you requesting additional documents.Â Once received we will begin the award determination and notification process.Â Please monitor CCM Titans Direct and your CCM student email as these are the Financial Aid Office’s electronic method of communication.
- Complete la solicitud de Admisiones.
- Llene una declaraciÃ³n juramentada en la oficina de âStudent Development and Enrollment Managementâ que indique que el estudiante ha enviado la aplicaciÃ³n para legalizar su estado migratorio o que enviarÃ¡ tal aplicaciÃ³n. Presentar transcripciones oficiales o expediente acadÃ©mico oficial de su escuela secundaria (no menos de 3 aÃ±os) a la Oficina de Admisiones.
Para ser considerado para ayuda estatal:
- Cree una cuenta en NJFAMS (se requiere el nÃºmero de seguro social o el nÃºmero de identificaciÃ³n del estado de la escuela (SSID)).
- Complete solo la Solicitud de ayuda financiera alternativa de NJ.
- Si es hombre, regÃstrese para el âselective serviceâ- www.sss.govÂ La inscripciÃ³n debe ser enviada por correo SOLAMENTE si el estudiante no tiene un nÃºmero de seguro social.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY FUND (EOF): This fund provides an opportunity for educationally and economically disadvantaged New Jersey residents to attend college, and also offers a variety of support services such as tutoring, counseling and developmental courses.Â Although not a prerequisite, the FAFSA form must be completed within the same time-frame as an EOF application.
Ready to file your FAFSA