Types of NJ State Grants and Scholarships


These deadlines are the dates the FAFSA or NJ Alternative Application must be RECEIVED by the federal or HESAA’s processor (not postmarked) to be considered for TAG, EOF, CCOG, NJ STARS and NJ STARS II.


  1. CCOG grant is limited to eligible students enrolled in at least six (6) credits per term.
  2. Household adjusted gross income is between $0 and $65,000 (IRS income tax filers only).
  3. Does not have a prior college degree.
  4. Out of County students must obtain and submit a Charge-Back form to the Bursar Office.
  5. Processed FAFSA or the NJ Alternative Application for aid (NJ DREAMers only) with file completion in the Financial Aid Office.
  6. Funding no greater than CCM tuition and prescribed fees (degree/certificate program) up to 18 credits per term cost.
  7. CCOG grant is awarded after all other Federal, State, Institutional and external grant aid, including tuition waivers and community based grant aid (loans excluded) are applied and is based on current credits at the time of disbursement.

For more information see NJHESAA’s  Q & A  and Policy/Procedure.

Also view our  CCM – NJ Community College Opportunity Grant (CCOG) flyer (Eng/Esp) and CCM – CCOG TuitionFree PostCard

This fund provides an opportunity for educationally and economically disadvantaged New Jersey residents to attend college, and also offers a variety of support services such as tutoring, counseling and developmental courses.  Although not a prerequisite, the FAFSA form must be completed within the same time-frame as an EOF application.  The EOF Office is located in Cohen Hall, Room: CH 211, Phone: 973-328-5270, Email Address: eof@ccm.edu; EOF Información en Español



(Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors)

For the complete NJ State Aid for DREAMers requirements and more, select  Q & A at a glance (.pdf) 


Application Process:

  1. Fill out a CCM Admissions application
  2. File an affidavit with the Office of Student Development and Enrollment Management stating that the student has filed an application to legalize his/her immigration status with the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S.Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or will file such an application.
  3. Submit to the Admissions Office your official New Jersey high school transcript(s) for at least three (3) years or attained the equivalent to a high school diploma, issued by the State of New Jersey which includes all courses and grades to date or If you have already graduated from high school, you must submit your final official high school transcript.

To be considered for State Aid:

  1. Create a NJFAMS account (Social security number or school state ID number (SSID) required).
  2. Complete, sign and upload the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application only once you have logged into NJFAMS NJ State Higher Education Assistance Authority (HESAA) student system.
  3. Enrolled for 6 credits per term – Exception EOF students final term, may be eligible if registered for less.
  4. Must not have a prior associates or higher college degree
  5. Making satisfactory academic progress (continuing students)
  6. Respond immediately to the State’s request for additional documents, uploading them to NJFAMS student system.
  7. Selective Service Registration is required for all males – www.sss.gov.  The Selective Service System Registration Form (.pdf) MUST be submitted by US Postal Service ONLY for those without a social security number (SSN).  

Once your NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application for NJ State Aid has been processed by the State and received by the Financial Aid Office, our office may contact you requesting additional documents.  Once received we will begin the award determination and notification process.  Please monitor CCM Titans Direct and your CCM student email as these are the Financial Aid Office’s electronic method of communication.

Versión español
  1. Complete la solicitud de Admisiones.
  1. Llene una declaración juramentada en la oficina de “Student Development and Enrollment Management” que indique que el estudiante ha enviado la aplicación para legalizar su estado migratorio o que enviará tal aplicación. Presentar transcripciones oficiales o expediente académico oficial de su escuela secundaria (no menos de 3 años) a la Oficina de Admisiones.

Para ser considerado para ayuda estatal:

  1. Cree una cuenta en NJFAMS (se requiere el número de seguro social o el número de identificación del estado de la escuela (SSID)).
  1. Complete solo la Solicitud de ayuda financiera alternativa de NJ.
  1. Si es hombre, regístrese para el “selective service”- www.sss.gov. La inscripción debe ser enviada por correo SOLAMENTE si el estudiante no tiene un número de seguro social.


REMINDER:  Annual FAFSA or New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application Filing availability October 1st