The County College of Morris Testing Center (Learning Resource Center – Room LRC 102) administers CLEP testing at the Randolph, NJ campus. Please contact email Dr. Chen at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request some other dates and times to take your CLEP test. We will confirm back to you via email.
All necessary forms are due 48 hours prior to the test date/time and must be received by the Testing Center. You must also email Dr. Kevin Chen (Testing Center Supervisor) with copies of both the CLEP Registration Form and CLEP Exam Registration Ticket at least 48 hours before the test date. His email is email@example.com or if you wish to call him directly regarding CLEP, his phone number is (973) 328-5362 (leave a message if he does not pick up your call).
A $30 check, money order or cash made payable to the County College of Morris is due at the time you come in for your test.
To schedule your CLEP Test Date/Time:Â
Please email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org (We will respond back to confirm our flexible availability).
Taking the CLEP at County College of Morris
Before Exam Day
Step 1: Create a College Board Account through the My Account Registration portal to do the followingâ€¦ (This is available through https://clep.collegeboard.org/started)
- Register for a CLEP exam 24/7. Registering for an exam provides you with a payment receipt and a Ticket ID.
- Manage your personal accounts at any time prior to taking the exam.
- Search for test centers and select your score recipient institution.
- Purchase study materials.
- Print two copies of your CLEP Exam Registration Ticket. (One copy is for the Testing Center and the other copy is for your record).
- Please note that if you are retaking a specific CLEP exam; there is a waiting period of three months after the initial testing date to retake the same CLEP exam title.
Step 2: Become familiar with the exams
- Exam timing and subsections: Read the exam description to learn how much time is allowed for the test and whether there are timed subsections.
- Optional essay: The American Literature, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, College Composition Modular, and English Literature exams have optional essays that may be required by some colleges and universities. These essays are scored by faculty at the colleges and universities that require them. If you are taking any of the above exams and have questions about whether you need to take the optional essay, you must contact the institution that will receive your scores.
- In additional to the four CLEP exams above, there are also additional required essays (if you want CCM to be the recipient of your scores) if you are taking the CLEP exam for American Government, Introductory Sociology, History of the United States I and II, and Western Civilization I and II.
- If you pass the CLEP exam and an optional essay is required, you must pay a separate $10 fee payable to the County College of Morris for processing the essay.
- Graphing and Scientific Calculators: Graphing calculators are used in the Calculus and Precalculus examinations. Scientific (non-graphing) calculators are used in the Chemistry, College Algebra, and College Mathematics examinations. You are expected to know how and when to make appropriate use of the calculator (available within these exams).
Step 3: Check with the Testing Center to verify your test date/time information.
- After you register for an exam through My Account, it is important that you contact the County College Testing Center to verify test dates/times to test. Call our Testing Center Supervisor at (973) 328-5362 and leave a message if he is unable to answer your call.
- At the Testing Center website, print out and complete the CLEP Registration Form.
- Bring in person and mail the copy of your CLEP Exam Registration Ticket, the completed CLEP Registration Form and a $30 non-refundable administration fee (cash, check or money order) made payable to the County College of Morris. These three items must be received by the County College of Morris Testing Center 48 HRS prior to the scheduled test date/time. NO WALK-INS.
County College of Morris
Attn: Testing Center, Learning Resource Center (First Floor)
214 Center Grove Road
Randolph, NJÂ 07869
On Your Scheduled Exam Date/Time at the County College of Morris Testing Center
You will need to pick up a parking pass from the Office of Public Safety located at 675 Route 10, Randolph, NJ. Let the Office of Public Safety know that you are here for CLEP testing in the Testing Center located in the Learning Resource Center. When you reach the Learning Resource Center, enter through the front sliding doors. The Testing Center is just beyond the front sliding doors on the right side. Please wait at the front reception area and have your photo id, CLEP paperwork and $30 check (if applicable) ready for the Testing Center staff.
Be prepared to bring the following at the Testing Center:
- A copy of your CLEP Exam Registration Ticket. Make sure the ticket is still valid. There is a ticket expiration date.
- Your driverâ€™s license, passport or other government-issued identification that includes your photograph and signature. You will be asked to show this identification to be admitted to the testing area. The last name on your primary ID must match the name on your registration ticket.
- Military test-takers, bring your military ID and Social Security card.
- Home-schools, if you do not have the required government-issued ID, please complete a Student ID Form, which is valid for one year. The form must be accompanied by a recognizable photo, with a school or notary seal overlapping the photo. The form must be signed in front of a school official or notary. If you fail to present appropriate ID, you will not be tested.
- Upon completion of your CLEP exam, you will receive an unofficial copy of your CLEP scores. Your designated recipient school will receive your official CLEP transcript within a few weeks. If the County College of Morris was designated as the recipient school, the received official transcript will be applied as credit for the appropriate CCM course(s) and will be entered into the college system by the Testing Center staff. If an optional essay was required by the County College of Morris for their own students, the essay will be sent to the appropriate department for grading. After the essay is graded, the Testing Center is notified and correspondence will be sent to the student regarding the results.
- Children are not permitted in the Testing Center area unsupervised.
- CLEP IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (VERY IMPORTANT)
Here are the steps to take a CLEP examâ€¦ https://clep.collegeboard.org/started