The Writing Center is located on the first floor of DeMare Hall, DH 156 inside the Tutoring Center. Tutoring is conducted by faculty tutors only. Services include one-on-one tutoring appointments, walk-ins, and workshops.
Tutors identify writing problems, provide instruction in theory, and offer practice for written improvement. Tutors can offer pre-paper and post-paper consultations. The Center is fully equipped with a computer lab and also offers instructional videos and computer software. All Writing Skills students are strongly encouraged to attend tutorial sessions as part of their developmental course requirements. Sessions are in 20 minute increments.
If you wish to schedule a tutoring appointment, Click Here , stop by DH 156, or call 973-328-5367. The Writing Center also offers Walk-in times – no appointment necessary during the Fall and Spring Semesters.
Fall 2019 Workshops
- Workshop 1 – Module One Review with Prof. Schmidt – 9/24/19, 12:30-1:30 pm, DH 158
- Workshop 2 – Business Writing Focus with Prof. Shouler – 9/26/19, 12:30-1:30 pm, DH 158
- Workshop 3 – Introductions and Conclusions with Prof. DeMattio – 10/2/19, 12:30-1:30 pm, CH 124
- Workshop 4 – Business Writing Focus with Prof. Alikhani – 10/8/19, 12:30-1:30 pm, DH 158
- Workshop 5 – Module Two Review with Prof. Moore – 10/22/19, 12:30-1:30 pm, DH 158
- Workshop 6 – How to Write an Effective Research Paper with Prof. Ayres – 11/12/19, 2-3 pm, DH 161
- Workshop 7 – Module Three Review with Prof. Moore – 11/19/19, 12:30-1:30 pm, DH 158
- Workshop 8 – Review for Writing Skills Comprehensive Final with Prof. McAree – 12/6/19, 12:30-1:30 pm, DH 158
Are you looking for speech tutoring? Tutoring is available for students taking speech fundamentals. You can schedule one hour group tutoring sessions (practice speeches) or one-on-one 20 minute sessions (write/organize speeches). Click Here to make your appointment.
The following website provides guidance with writing (including essays and MLA/APA style formatting): Purdue University Online Writing Lab
Need to make an appointment for math and/or science tutoring?