Graduation applications¬†are available from the Office of Records & Registration (SCC 220). All students are required to apply and pay a non-refundable graduation fee of $30 regardless of attendance at the ceremony. All students should access Web Advisor or¬† Titans Direct to view their “program evaluation” to verify all graduation requirements are in process.
County College of Morris has three graduations per year: August, January and May. However, only one commencement ceremony is conducted and that is held in May (check the Academic Calendar for exact May date). Students who graduate in the prior January and August cycles will be invited to participate. Graduation dates for January and August graduates are typically in the middle of the month and prior to the next term start date.¬† Check with Records and Registration for the exact date.
Students must apply to graduate by the posted deadline:
- August¬† graduates – apply by¬†June 1st
- January¬† graduates – apply by¬†October 1st
- May¬† graduates – apply by February 1st
Eligibility for a degree or academic program certificate
- Earn a cumulative grade¬†point average of 2.00 and complete the general and prescribed curriculum course work for their major.
- Curriculum Checksheet¬† lists all of the courses you are required to complete in order to obtain a degree or a certificate.
- Degree seeking students must complete at least 30 credits at County College of Morris.
- Certificate seeking students must complete at least 15 credits at County College of Morris.
- Complete at least one half of their major at County College of Morris.
Academic Distinction (Honors) at Graduation (based on a cumulative GPA) for students earning an Associates Degree or an Academic Certificate
- Summa Cum Laude¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† 3.85 – 4.00 GPA
- Magna Cum Laude¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† 3.65 – 3.84 GPA
- Cum Laude¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†3.45 – 3.64 GPA
- Certificate with Merit¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†3.45 – 4.00¬†GPA
Certificates of Achievement
- Students should¬†declare their intent to pursue a Certificate of Achievement (less than 30 credits) by submitting a Declaration of Study Leading to a Certificate form to the Records and Registration Office.
- Students should review their Program Evaluation on Web Advisor or Titans Direct and submit a¬†Certificate of Achievement Completion¬†form to the Records and Registration Office¬†once their requirements for the certificate are complete
- Records and Registration will perform a final audit of requirements and if met will print a Certificate for students to pick up